Palma Airport, Majorca

Answered before i think, but i've since seen conflicting information.

Is there an expectation that we pickup our luggage from baggage reclaim and take it to the coach, or will we first see our luggage onboard the ship?

Likewise, i assume what applies going out will apply on return?

Thanks in advance 🙂

7 minutes ago, pgilc1 said:

Answered before i think, but i've since seen conflicting information.

Is there an expectation that we pickup our luggage from baggage reclaim and take it to the coach, or will we first see our luggage onboard the ship?

Likewise, i assume what applies going out will apply on return?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Every time we have been to Palma we have picked up our luggage from the carousel and taken it to the coach. You leave it on the coach at the port and they take it to your cabin.

On the homeward trip you put it onto the coach and take it to bag drop at the airport.

keep well. 

Edited by Brummijam
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Brummijam said:

Every time we have been to Palma we have picked up our luggage from the carousel and taken it to the coach. You leave it on the coach at the port and they take it to your cabin.

On the homeward trip you put it onto the coach and take it to bag drop at the airport.

keep well. 

Thanks for the clarification - very useful

You will see your luggage before your onboard the ship.As Brummijam says,you,ll collect your luggage from carousel at airport and take it to coach.At the port it will be unloaded by staff whilst you go inside the terminal and pick up your envelope that contain your cabin tags etc.You then need to go back outside and locate your luggage and attach the tags.Then back indoors to check in etc

• Like 1

Only ever had to do that in Corfu this year and it was a nightmare Never had to do it there before or anywhere else Even the staff dealing with us at the port said it was ridiculous and I felt so sorry for the bus drivers who usually just drop you off at the port building or marquee and then deliver the luggage to the ship 

All because TUI had no staff at the departure airport with cabin labels which has never happened before in 47 cruises

Edited by Vitalsign

And we have always had them at Manchester and Leeds/Bradford until my cruise from Manchester to Corfu end of June this year which created chaos at Corfu port

I did wonder if it was because the flight was first out at about 6 in the morning and the staff couldn't get there in time

Fair point Vitalsign regards it being down to the first out flights in the morning.Our flights are always out from Edinburgh early doors and cant remember the last time we had our labels given out.

Glad the pilot and crew can manage for that time of the morning