WITH THE MEDALLION, CAN I KEEP MY COCKTAIL WAITER?

Boiler Cruiser

My DW and I have always enjoyed getting to know a particular waiter in The Wheelhouse Bar or Crooners during our cruises.  We often end up getting to know our waiter quite well, and they us.  After only a couple of visits our waiter knows what drinks we always get and how we like them.  On our last cruise our waiter in Crooners always know that I like extra olives in my martini.

My question is, with the introduction of the Cruise Medallion, will that affect our continuation of this delightful practice?  (The remote ordering feature got me thinking about this) Will we be able to tell the waiter we get to know where we will be sitting, or will he/she be able to see us and greet us at our table?

20 minutes ago, Boiler Cruiser said:

My DW and I have always enjoyed getting to know a particular waiter in The Wheelhouse Bar or Crooners during our cruises.  We often end up getting to know our waiter quite well, and they us.  After only a couple of visits our waiter knows what drinks we always get and how we like them.  On our last cruise our waiter in Crooners always know that I like extra olives in my martini.

My question is, with the introduction of the Cruise Medallion, will that affect our continuation of this delightful practice?  (The remote ordering feature got me thinking about this) Will we be able to tell the waiter we get to know where we will be sitting, or will he/she be able to see us and greet us at our table?

Well, if you're sitting at the same bar frequently, it makes no more difference between Jan before Medallion - the bars had riving waiters and if you had a fave, they came by more frequently, etc 

If you're moving all around the ship and ordering drinks all over, to be delivered to the pool (in different spots) and then the theater then Wheelhouse then Explorers then atrium, your cabin,  and so forth, you're gonna get different waiters for each area.

Want the same waiter, stay in the same area. 

I would guess that using the Medallion to order would put your order into a general queue to be filled first in first out so you wouldn't be able to target it to a specific server. But you don't have to order using your Medallion and can continue to order from your favorite server in person.

• Like 1