Sending Luggage Back Home on QM2

DarCrav

When we sailed on the QM2 a few years ago you could use a service onboard (White Star?) that would send your luggage back to your home. I heard that this service was discontinued and I'm wondering if it's been replaced with another company.  Thanks for any of your suggestions!

24 minutes ago, DarCrav said:

When we sailed on the QM2 a few years ago you could use a service onboard (White Star?) that would send your luggage back to your home. I heard that this service was discontinued and I'm wondering if it's been replaced with another company.  Thanks for any of your suggestions!

From the Cunard Q&A site...

With Cunard's White Star Luggage Service™ provided by Luggage Forward®, your bags are collected from your home and delivered to the ship, and then back home again. To schedule your shipment, please visit https://www.luggageforward.com/book/cunard or call Luggage Forward directly. From the US or any other location call +1 920 231 5114, from the UK call +44 2033 754769.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, DarCrav said:

Thanks, Cruise NH!  Do you know if arrangements can be made while on the ship, or does this have to be pre-ordered?

You can arrange it before you leave home through their (luggage forward's) website.

I don't know if you can organise it on board but why wait until then if you know you want to do it? They may possibly send you tags to your home address anyway. I've used Luggage Forward from a UK port - they were very good and brought tags to the port for me as I hadn't booked in time to receive the tags by post which is their normal way of doing things (2 years ago).

Edited by LittleFish1976
additional information
  • Thanks 1

You CAN do it on the ship but in my experience it's vastly easier to do it from home.  I've only used Luggage Forward once

from Cunard but several times with Holland America and I think other lines.  The bag is identified by a shipping label that is slipped into a plastic pouch and attached to the bag handle.  If you do it from home you just do the order on line or by phone and they send you the label.  If you do it on the ship you need to do the order online and then go down to the Pursers Desk with the confirmation code and they print it and put it in the sleeve which they have in stock and then deliver it to your cabin.  When I did it the label was defective (only half the bar code) and I had to go back down the purser and start the process all over again.

IMG_1402.JPG.7878a914b70f7025fbd5f773c8b936a0.JPG

It's always been easier from home.  Probably best to call them so you can tell them when you will leave home and need the label.

Roy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1