Info about Norwegian epic kids club

june18susy

5 hours ago, june18susy said:

We are thinking of taking our grandchildren ages 7 and 9 on the Norwegian epic in 2020, has anyone experienced the kids club on this ship? Thank you 

Yes, ours hated it (7 and 8 at the time).  Said it was too much like school.  They love carnival and Disney kids clubs btw.  Plus, they cut off how many people can get in.  So you show up, and there are people waiting in a line outside the club.  If a kid leaves, one kid gets to go in.  Nightmare.  No other line does this.  

6 hours ago, Cafedumonde said:

Yes, ours hated it (7 and 8 at the time).  Said it was too much like school.  They love carnival and Disney kids clubs btw.  Plus, they cut off how many people can get in.  So you show up, and there are people waiting in a line outside the club.  If a kid leaves, one kid gets to go in.  Nightmare.  No other line does this.  

My kids didn’t like DCL kids club, too chaotic. Our kids were never turned away on 4 NCL ships, did you sail at a very busy time?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

My kids didn’t like DCL kids club, too chaotic. Our kids were never turned away on 4 NCL ships, did you sail at a very busy time?

It was December but during school time.  We took the kids out of school.  It didn’t feel any more crowded than any other ship we have been on.  Actually we have been on ships that felt downright crowded but they never limited access to the kids clubs (Disney Fantasy and Carnival Vista both in the middle of summer to name a couple!).  We like NCL, but I do not find them particularly kid friendly.  They also close the stuff on top deck A LOT— and arbitrarily (the other area that kids like).  One of my sons loved the spider web like climbing play structure but only got to go on it once because the hours were really limited (like open for two hours on three days of the cruise) and even when it was scheduled to be open, it was usually closed.  I personally think NCL is targeting young millennials without children.  Totally different vibe than other lines we have sailed.

Other lines have maximum kid club numbers, in fact there is a sign in front telling you the maximum number allowed by where you check them in( Rccl and Ncl) and that over that number,they will be turned away.

I have had the opposite experience. My kids are now 7 ( b/g twins) and they love the NCL kids club. I preferred NCL too,as I thought the staff was nicer and more professional. 

It depends on your kids and their interests though if they.like the club. People post the activities, so have your kids look at them to gauge their interests.

1 hour ago, bearette said:

Other lines have maximum kid club numbers, in fact there is a sign in front telling you the maximum number allowed by where you check them in( Rccl and Ncl) and that over that number,they will be turned away.

I have had the opposite experience. My kids are now 7 ( b/g twins) and they love the NCL kids club. I preferred NCL too,as I thought the staff was nicer and more professional. 

It depends on your kids and their interests though if they.like the club. People post the activities, so have your kids look at them to gauge their interests.

Other lines use other rooms on the ship as overflow if necessary.  We have seen this.  They never turn kids away.  NCL is unique in this way.

8 hours ago, Cafedumonde said:

Other lines use other rooms on the ship as overflow if necessary.  We have seen this.  They never turn kids away.  NCL is unique in this way.

I think your experience with NCL’s clubs is very rare.

4 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

I think your experience with NCL’s clubs is very rare.

Maybe, but the club employees acted like it was routine.   It says a lot about NCL as a line that they would do that, whether routine or not.  It isn’t just that NCL isn’t really providing what they advertise as part of the cruise fare,  it was upsetting for a lot of kids waiting outside, some crying, that they could not get into the club.  What if a parent has a reservation at the spa and assumed they would be able to drop their child at the club beforehand?  Just weird to get there and be told we are full.  They don’t advertise that as part of freestyle.  Lol.  

My kids were not upset when we arrived once and the line was out the door.  Yay!  No kids club they said, because there was no way we were hanging out there waiting for other people to leave.  Lol.  And on another day, they were only too happy to leave after a half hour and let 2 kids in line take their slots.  What a difference a half hour makes.  When we arrived that time= no line.  When we picked up the kid= line of people who were waiting and hoping for a slot to open was out the door.  

We sailed on the Epic last October and found the kids club to be excellent. Never had an issue with not getting in, kids (10 yr old twins, b/g) enjoyed all the activities and are looking forward to returning this October. 

• 3 weeks later...