Shared transfer Venice

muffin1327

If you look on the Italy board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/464-italy-ports/

you will see many discussions on transport methods in Venice. Probably the cheapest is the public transit bus that runs from the airport to the port. Luggage goes in the belly of the bus.

How many in your party? If 6 or so, a water taxi becomes a fantastic, and not really too expensive opportunity to see some of Venice (are you not flying in any days in advance to see the wonderful city of Venice???) on your way to the port.

FWIW if only a couple people then the standard public watertaxi is a good deal, but if you have as many as 6-8 people you might consider the joy and experience of hiring a private water taxi, I think it runs 100-120 Euros, but divide among the whole party isn't looking so expensive and you avoid the wait line, multiple stops and the bus like feel of the public water taxi.   Don't get me wrong I did it this time for my son and I, and my wife and daughter who came in on separate days and times, we waited and waited in the hot sun then boarded a crowded water bus that made I think 5 stops and took almost an hour.     

For our trip to the ship terminal we sprung for a private water taxi for the four of us, a tad more, experience, priceless!

Enjoy Venice

F9FFF18F-A57C-4323-AD7D-EC55493FFE4D.jpeg

Edited by chipmaster