Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tahitianbigkahuna

Best excursion on Tahaa/Raiatea

Posted (edited)

Thanks TBK,

When you last posted this I looked and relooked at it. It's spectacular. Helps to have the best videographer with you, and to be an amazing photographer yourself! Be sure to see this video everyone.

There are a few different ways to do the Coral Garden drift snorkel....one is with your ship.

Another is with Bruno at L' Excursion Bleue. Bruno is a sweet man. We saw sharks and rays in Moorea, BB and Rangiroa, but nothing like what we saw with Bruno! Very isolated spot with the most sharks I've seen anywhere. But about 1/3 the day was spent at a vanilla farm and pearl farm and I could have done without. He also does the drift snorkel but only one run.

Your ship is probably the best way to go- ours (Wind Spirit) did 3 runs in Coral Gardens and the more you can do the better.

Try to see if you can find out how many runs there are in whatever you book. Very sharp coral though- we had water shoes, gloves, leggings and rash guards for protection. The boat ride to and from the Coral Gardens is also gorgeous.

TBK,

Where did your kahuna photo go?

Edited by Petoonya

6 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Thanks TBK,

When you last posted this I looked and relooked at it. It's spectacular. Helps to have the best videographer with you, and to be an amazing photographer yourself! Be sure to see this video everyone.

There are a few different ways to do the Coral Garden drift snorkel....one is with your ship.

Another is with Bruno at L' Excursion Bleue. Bruno is a sweet man. We saw sharks and rays in Moorea, BB and Rangiroa, but nothing like what we saw with Bruno! Very isolated spot with the most sharks I've seen anywhere. But about 1/3 the day was spent at a vanilla farm and pearl farm and I could have done without. He also does the drift snorkel but only one run.

Your ship is probably the best way to go- ours (Wind Spirit) did 3 runs in Coral Gardens and the more you can do the better.

Try to see if you can find out how many runs there are in whatever you book. Very sharp coral though- we had water shoes, gloves, leggings and rash guards for protection. The boat ride to and from the Coral Gardens is also gorgeous.

TBK,

Where did your kahuna photo go?

I've done Bruno several times  .... a solid tour. He allowed us multi runs. I asked him to do a excursion for my group next year while we are on Tahaa. Didn't work out. 

Always 3 runs on the PG excursion vendor.

If you look at the 2020 PG brochure you will notice they've included 'Insider Knowledge' called 'tips from the regulars'  .... the avatar is used in the brochure for my likeness 😉