Swizzle Inn

Nana57

There are actually two Swizzles-- neither of which are right by a lighthouse. The original Swizzle is over in the East End by the causeway to the Airport, closer to St George's. The nearest lighthouse would be at St David's across the airport from the bar-- about a 15 minute taxi. The caves are very close by. 

The other Swizzle Inn is in Warwick Parish and is closer to, but not right near, Gibbs Hill Lighthouse. About a 10 min taxi away from each other. 

Theres not a huge difference between the two Swizzles but the original one I think is a bit more atmospheric. 

5 minutes ago, Nana57 said:

Thank you!  So I will take the ferry to St. George and take a taxi to the Original Swizzle Inn?  Then maybe take the bus back to St. George and ferry back to dockyard. 

Yes. After you get to St George’s take either a taxi or bus from St. George’s to the original Swizzle and take either a bus or taxi back to St. George’s. 

Edited by Charles4515

My memory may be faulty, but two years ago, we took the ferry from the Dockyard to Hamilton, then a bus to the original Swizzle Inn. No taxis. 

The Inn is between Hamilton and St George, so going to St George first, would make you travel backwards, unless you want to visit St George anyway.

We took the ferry to St. George, visited there and then took the bus to Crystal Caves, and then had late lunch and some rums at Swizzle Inn which is around the corner from the caves, Jumped on the bus back to Hamilton and ferry back to Kings Wharf. Loved the atmosphere of Swizzle inn and would love to see if my business card is still on the wall.