Tampa pre-cruise hotel for 3-4 nights

travellerin1984

Hi!

We will be staying in Tampa for 3-4 nights pre-cruise in January 2021. I know we are early but I just want to start planning... 😄

Do you have suggestions which area we should stay? We prefer not to rent a car (but if it is necessary we can do that) I love beaches but if the weather is so-so it might be wiser to stay near downtown? I like swimming so I want to find a heated pool... Any suggestions regarding area and hotel? 

Avg. temps in Tampa in January are 53 - 71, so not exactly beach weather unless you're from Canada or Minnesota., or just want to walk on the beach.  

Roz

Choose beach or downtown. Downtown is fun with a walkable riverfront including restaurants, aquarium, water taxi, museums and theater. Cruise port is adjacent to downtown. 

Beach is great. Clearwater Beach has lots to do but a trek back to the port. Arrange transportation back ahead of time and be careful with your travel time. 

Thank you for your comments! Have anyone stayed at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay or can comment the location? Like I said before we prefer not to rent a car and like to walk. Marriot waterside looks great too. 

If we choose to stay at Clearwater beach do you think we need to rent a car? 

Thanks for taking time and answering the questions! 🙂