Advantages of booking another cruise while onboard

This is what I received from the FC agent.

Make an Open Booking and get up to $100 to spend onboard your next cruise.  It shows a chart of the amount of OBC you get for the length of your cruise.

The additional benefits of the Nextcruise Open Booking

-pick an Open Booking now, choose your ship and sail date later

- they never expire

- they make a great gift as they are fully transferable to friends or family prior to selecting a ship and sail date.

46 minutes ago, phabric said:

This is what I received from the FC agent.

Make an Open Booking and get up to $100 to spend onboard your next cruise.  It shows a chart of the amount of OBC you get for the length of your cruise.

The additional benefits of the Nextcruise Open Booking

-pick an Open Booking now, choose your ship and sail date later

- they never expire

- they make a great gift as they are fully transferable to friends or family prior to selecting a ship and sail date.

I thought the new open bookings had some sort of a time limit.

So you have to choose the sailing within 2 months of purchasing the FCC?  But the new itineraries for summer 2021 won't be out by then.  So it wouldn't work for what we want, right?

Also, am I understanding it correctly that you have up to 1 year to CHOOSE a sailing, not necessarily GO on a sailing, right?

I sure wish RCI's program was closer to what Princess offers (up to 2 yrs. to use it and it's refunded back to you if you don't).

Just now, DrivesLikeMario said:

So you have to choose the sailing within 2 months of purchasing the FCC?  But the new itineraries for summer 2021 won't be out by then.  So it wouldn't work for what we want, right? ...

Right, unless you are willing to give up the OBC.

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

If I choose a GS or higher category my $200 deposit will be deducted from the total deposit then due?

I tend to prefer the JS category...but you never know.....as I'm testing out the Oceanview Panoramic Suite in 2021 and that might be a category I may end up liking....However...this category is considered above JS but below GS...so ??

2 minutes ago, Ashland said:

If I choose a GS or higher category my $200 deposit will be deducted from the total deposit then due?

I tend to prefer the JS category...but you never know.....as I'm testing out the Oceanview Panoramic Suite in 2021 and that might be a category I may end up liking....However...this category is considered above JS but below GS...so ??

The panoramic suite is considered a full suite.  Same conditions as a GS 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They do.

you must firm up a sail date within 2 months or you lose the OBC and you must book within 12 months or you lose your entire deposit. 

A bit confused since phabric has posted the exact opposite according to their posts. I also understood it to be that you only had a year to book using "Open Booking".

2 minutes ago, Ashland said:

A bit confused since phabric has posted the exact opposite according to their posts. I also understood it to be that you only had a year to book using "Open Booking".

I think the open booking terms just changed in May, so there could still be old info out there.

22 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

So you have to choose the sailing within 2 months of purchasing the FCC?  But the new itineraries for summer 2021 won't be out by then.  So it wouldn't work for what we want, right?

Also, am I understanding it correctly that you have up to 1 year to CHOOSE a sailing, not necessarily GO on a sailing, right?

I sure wish RCI's program was closer to what Princess offers (up to 2 yrs. to use it and it's refunded back to you if you don't).

I purchased my "Open Booking" onboard in September just for the reduced deposit. I knew the OBC would be no good since I'm also waiting for schedules to open.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Effective May 2019

NONREFUNDABLE DEPOSIT NEXT CRUISE OPEN BOOKINGS (SHIP AND SAIL DATE NOT SELECTED ONBOARD)
DECIDE WITHIN 1 YEAR - TERMS AND CONDITIONS: (Shipboard Only) May 1, 2019
OUR NEXT CRUISE PROGRAM PROVIDES YOU WITH ONE OFFER FOR AN OPEN BOOKING. IT REQUIRES A NONREFUNDABLE DEPOSIT AND THE SHIP AND SAIL DATE MUST BE SELECTED WITHIN ONE YEAR.
With an Open Booking, a ship and sail date are not selected at the time of booking; however, a specific ship and sail date must be selected within one (1) year from creation of the booking or it will expire and the deposit will be forfeited. Enrollment in the program does not guarantee stateroom or sailing availability or cruise price.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Effective May 2019

NONREFUNDABLE DEPOSIT NEXT CRUISE OPEN BOOKINGS (SHIP AND SAIL DATE NOT SELECTED ONBOARD)
DECIDE WITHIN 1 YEAR - TERMS AND CONDITIONS: (Shipboard Only) May 1, 2019
OUR NEXT CRUISE PROGRAM PROVIDES YOU WITH ONE OFFER FOR AN OPEN BOOKING. IT REQUIRES A NONREFUNDABLE DEPOSIT AND THE SHIP AND SAIL DATE MUST BE SELECTED WITHIN ONE YEAR.
With an Open Booking, a ship and sail date are not selected at the time of booking; however, a specific ship and sail date must be selected within one (1) year from creation of the booking or it will expire and the deposit will be forfeited. Enrollment in the program does not guarantee stateroom or sailing availability or cruise price.

Yes those are the exact terms I purchased mine under this past September......phabric is saying they purchased in March and their's has no expiration date...there's my confusion....which I wasn't until seeing their post.

I mentioned a few times to the FC agent, I wanted “Refundable deposit”.  She looked on the computer, “yes, you can”, she printed off a form, I filled it out and she gave me a copy with all 3 booking numbers and a copy was send to my agent.

I asked again,

- is there an expiry date (knowing Princess is 2 yrs),  — No expiry date

- what does second person pay,  — $100

- she mentioned that it was transferable — I asked I could transfer to my sister or my daughter—yes, just give the booking number

I would not purchase a Non Refundable deposit since I would not be booking a RC Cruise for awhile as the Captain mentioned new ships were coming out in the near future.

The 2 FC agents I talked to were pushing booking a certain cruise ship/date with a non refundable deposit to get $600 off and up to $600 OBC.  I kept asking about refundable like Princess, “ Yes, you can have a refundable deposit but you won’t get the big OBC.”

Edited by phabric

3 minutes ago, phabric said:

I asked again,

- is there an expiry date (knowing Princess is 2 yrs),  — No expiry date ...

So typical with Royal.  Unless you know exactly the right question to ask, they mislead you.  As long as you assign a cruise to the booking within a year, there's no expiration date. 

You had to know to ask if the OBC expires in 2 months with no cruise assigned.  You had to know to ask if you lose the deposit if no cruise is assigned within a year.

9 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

So typical with Royal.  Unless you know exactly the right question to ask, they mislead you.  As long as you assign a cruise to the booking within a year, there's no expiration date. 

You had to know to ask if the OBC expires in 2 months with no cruise assigned.  You had to know to ask if you lose the deposit if no cruise is assigned within a year.

Bob, what am I missing.  The new program started in May and Phabric  purchased their refundable next cruise cents in March before the new terms came into play 

8 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Is the deposit low for suites as well?  Or do they have a different deposit requirement?  Thanks!

Full suites (GS and better) always require full and non-refundable deposit.