Half Moon Cay?

crazycruzer68

12 hours ago, coevan said:

Half Moon no problem, Freeport got hit pretty hard, I'm surprised you were no rerouted yet

I'm curious as to how they will handle it. I'm expecting they will skip freeport and make that a sea day. Alternatively, they could do two days at either nassau or key west. My guess is they will keep us on the ship though.

As of this morning its still showing we will be there in less than two weeks. I'm not expecting to know until we get to the port and get "the letter", but we will see. I'm still looking forward to this trip!

22 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

I'm curious as to how they will handle it. I'm expecting they will skip freeport and make that a sea day. Alternatively, they could do two days at either nassau or key west. My guess is they will keep us on the ship though.

As of this morning its still showing we will be there in less than two weeks. I'm not expecting to know until we get to the port and get "the letter", but we will see. I'm still looking forward to this trip!

I am sure it is still fluid and dynamic, lots to be worked out, but enjoy your cruise.  

• Thanks 1

Holland America reported today that "There was some minor beach erosion that will be cleaned up but no structural damage, and the horses and stingrays are doing well." Here is the release:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/blog/destinations/half-moon-cay/hurricane-dorian-update-half-moon-cay/

Do note that they first Holland America ship is not due in HMC until October. This does not address other Carnival Corp ships that also visit the island.

On 9/2/2019 at 10:20 PM, crazycruzer68 said:

Anyone hear or see pictures of Half Moon Cay after the storm?

Checking a weather map(darksky) of the storms path, it seems the highest winds they would have received was around 30mph, with some higher wind gusts, so most likely they came through very well!

3 hours ago, RandomUser123 said:

I will be on Carnival Pride on 10/20 which has stops in Grand Turk, HMC and Freeport. I am guessing Freeport will not be ready by then and they will just make it an extra sea day. 

Likely Freeport won't be ready this year!

5 hours ago, Lottacruises said:

Carnival having 2 ports (Half Moon Cay, Princess Cay) in addition to key west, and nassau has a little more play!

You might even see some sharing of each others properties between NCL, RCL, Carnival, and MSC in the future!

Edited by AmBear