Need help G2 aft or F2 side

benzygirl

We love an aft cabin but can't afford the corner afts, plus they are not available.  Our choices are G2 aft or F2 side

There is very little price difference, so that is not the problem.  It looks like neither one has a chaise lounge, just a chair.

Are there any aft lovers who have been in both that could advise us whether the smaller cabin with smaller bathroom is still worth the aft view?

Appreciative of any help.....thank you

Edited by benzygirl

We were in G2 aft and would not book again. It has a heavy steel plate railing -- that goes up to eye height when seated -- obscuring a good part of the view. It was not nearly as enjoyable as sitting on a regular balcony.

Thank you so much!  I just switched to an F2!!!   Every aft is different and I wasn't familiar with Regent

but a blocked view while seating sorta defeats the purpose.  Hey bigger bathroom!  I'm good.

Appreciate the speedy answers I was looking for!!!!  Yay Cruisecritic.

benzygirl, it appears based on this and your other post that perhaps you aren't using a travel agent that is experienced in Regent. I believe many posters here would highly recommend that not only due to their knowledge of Regent and the specific ships but also some nice rebates. Also if you haven't seen it there is an excellent sticky that Bill maintains entitled "SuiteGuru" that might also help you with your suite selection. If this is your first Regent cruise and you haven't booked yet you might also look at the "Member Referral Credit" thread which will save you some money as well. Happy travels on Regent, you will enjoy the experience  very much!  

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2019 at 8:43 PM, Quack21 said:

We were in G2 aft and would not book again. It has a heavy steel plate railing -- that goes up to eye height when seated -- obscuring a good part of the view. It was not nearly as enjoyable as sitting on a regular balcony.

Edited by Anna201213
It is not attached on the post

What ship were you?
We have an option for G2 aft on the Spendor and if it is a steel plate railing  that we could not see when sitting we will change. Based on our experience on a aft cabin on Voyager that we really loved we though it was a regular railing balcony.

Explorer G2 is the the second smallest suite, after the "H's" at 253 sqft. Theses are about 50 sqft smaller than the similar category on the MAR, NAV and VOY.

On the the other hand the Explorer F2 is 415 sqft and is  larger than the Penthouse A on the VOY. IMO the F2 is the best value on the high seas.

J

• Haha 1