Basic Balcony

sisabell

This may seem like a weird question. It's our first time on Costa.

What is the worst possible cabin we might get if we book a basic balcony on the Diadema?

We don't drink coffee or much alcohol, so paying the extra 700 US per person for a 22 day cruise doesn't really work economically. I think we figured we'd have to drink about 150 bottles of water each to make it worthwhile.

To be honest there are very few 'worst balcony cabins' but some have the lifeboats below or above the balconies, this does not block views when sitting out there. The only other ones are by the crews pantries & cleaning stations but very little inconvenience certainly not more than by the lifts. The totally worst cabins are below the buffet but rarely the basic ones.

Your savings is quite a lot if you don't drink much, the down side is the dining time, (usually late) see Maître 'd to try to change to early if you prefer that. 

Instead of clicking on Basic click on Classic. This often shows cheaper than Basic and includes Brindiamo package.

For instance March 13th from Abu Dhabi,  if this is the one you are looking at,  is showing total $5041 for basic balcony and $4541 for Classic balcony with Brindiamo package.

Thank you both for your help! That makes the decision easier.

Maryann, the classic is in this case (Rome to Dubai in September 2020) 700 USD more than the basic (per person). And we're Canadian, so that is even more!

We can manage the late dinner, so no problem there. Glad that there are no really bad balconies. It's our first time on Costa, so thinking they'll give us the worst possible choice 🙂

Lisa

Edited by sisabell

8 hours ago, alicat58 said:

The aft balconies can be a bit juddery if there is such a word but the view of the wake makes up for it.

Riana

I get what you mean.    Can people see you from above ?   I read that Deck 9 has a large overhang from the deck above so the balconies are not sunny. Maybe that is a good thing in the Middle East?

I don't know what is the policy outside Costa's Italian pricing, but in Italy the basic fare doesn't have the mandatory service charge included while the all inclusive fare has it. So I suggest you to consider also that fact, because the service charge is 10€ per person per day

Thanks ITCruiser94, that is helpful information. I think even if it isn't included, for the amount we drink, it's still better to get the basic. I wonder why they don't clearly lay all of this out on their website!

Lisa

3 hours ago, ITCruiser94 said:

I don't know what is the policy outside Costa's Italian pricing, but in Italy the basic fare doesn't have the mandatory service charge included while the all inclusive fare has it. So I suggest you to consider also that fact, because the service charge is 10€ per person per day

Interesting. When I look at the cruise that Sisabel is considering on the costa site from Canada, I see no mention anywhere of the service fees being included. Am I missing something or is this perhaps for Italians booking?

On 9/15/2019 at 2:03 AM, Lunenburg said:

I am looking at an Abu Dhabi cruise on the Diadema and was interested in the rear facing balconies.  We have never been back there  on a cruise and wondered if it had drawbacks.  

Only on docking - it can shudder as it parks up.  This will only disturb you if you want a sleep in on port days.  The best balconies on any ship in my view 🙂 I am an early riser anyway and love to be up to watch the ship sail into a new port.

• Like 1