Some logistic info. need for Puerto Vallarta, Please

llcruisers

We will in PV from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.  We have a food tour booked at 10:00 am which meets in the Romantic Zone and we would like to go to the Malecon afterward and then a quick shopping stop at Walmart before getting back on the ship. Couple of questions:

1) How far is the Romantic Zone from the pier that Norwegian docks at?

2) Where should we catch a taxi to get there?  I understand it is less expensive outside the port- what is the average price for 2 people inside port vs. outside port?

3) After our food tour, we want to visit the Malecon.  How far is the Malecon from the Romantic Zone and cost of taxi to get there?

4) Is the Walmart across from the cruise terminal in PV.  How far from the Malecon and approximate taxi cost?

Is this a feasible plan or are we cutting the time too close and we will be rushed?

By cab it will be around 20/25 minutes depending traffic. As you mention outside the port is cheaper. Always make your price before boarding the cab.  Fare will be around Pesos 120.

Inside port it will be around US$ 5,- perperson, but they cannot pick you up for the return. 

Malecon is walking distance from romantic zone. You can check many maps and lots of info about this on this website: https://vallartainfo.com/

Walmart, Sams and the shopping Mall Galeria is all opposite the cruise terminal. 

Yes all is very well doable.

• Like 2

We walk outside of the pier to the gas station on the corner and find taxis waiting there.

Agree on a price before getting into the cab .They will take USA $$s. It will be about $6-8.

Coming back it may be more if you get a taxi on the far side of the river.

Be aware that ship time and PV time may well be an hour different . Check that when you are on board.

Even before I read Riff's reply, I was concerned about you getting to the tour in the Romantic Zone by 10:00 a.m.  You need to be off the ship as soon as it clears, and grab a cab ASAP.  Because the ship listing the port as from 9 am to ___ pm does not mean that the gangway will be open for you to disembark right at 9.  You need to be in your cab by 9:30!  And as Riff's post reminded me, that is PV time, not ship's time.

Does the ship arrive at 9 a.m. PV time or 10:00 a.m. PV time?  Anyone on here know??

For a cab to the Malecon, $6 to $8 (for the cab, NOT per person) sounds right.  For a cab to the slightly further Romantic Zone, I'd figure $8 to $10.

Walk from the Romantic Zone to the Malecon.  Then, grab a cab from the Malecon back to the ship or to Walmart  -- about $10.  Ine's figures are based on her local's perspective.  My pricing is on a gringo's perspective, and the cab drivers know the difference!!   

4 hours ago, llcruisers said:

I'm on the Norwegian Bliss and the itinerary is showing 9 am - 6 pm in PV on 10/9.  Yikes  - maybe 10:00 am is no doable.

According the  arrival list of the harbour Norwegian Bliss arrives at 9.00 am wh

which is local time. https://www.puertodevallarta.com.mx/calendario-de-arribos