refreshment package transfer

DustFSU

I was suppose to be on the Harmony for September 1st, but do to Dorian they were cutting it short, so we chose to get a refund for the cruise and will be going on the Symphony in April.  I bought the refreshment package for the Harmony, but didn't use it, so how would I get it to transfer over to the new cruise because I didn't get a refund back on my card when the cruise was fully refunded with our cruise insurance.  

15 minutes ago, DustFSU said:

I was suppose to be on the Harmony for September 1st, but do to Dorian they were cutting it short, so we chose to get a refund for the cruise and will be going on the Symphony in April.  I bought the refreshment package for the Harmony, but didn't use it, so how would I get it to transfer over to the new cruise because I didn't get a refund back on my card when the cruise was fully refunded with our cruise insurance.  

You should automatically be getting a refund for anything you had purchased via the Cruise Planner.

• 2 weeks later...

I called them yesterday and they didn't have a answer really for me and were suppose to call me back, but never did.  This is the only thing I paid for extra and my parents paid for the cruise and some excursions and got their full refund already.  Kind of annoyed it would take them this long.

Refunds for Cruise Planner purchases are to the original credit card.  Insurance and refund from Royal for cancelled cruise are separate.  Unless new cruise is on the same booking number (with different ship and date it will not be) Planner purchases don't move to the new booking.

I am still waiting for almost $1300 in pre-purchased cruise items (dining, tours, internet, drinks, etc) that I have not received a refund for from the September 1st cruise as well. I did receive an email stating that all of those items were cancelled, but no actual refund yet. I called in and they said they would check into it, and to give them another 7 days. It has almost been 7 days. Starting to get pissed off.

Edited by txfeinbergs

I called them Wednesday and they had to manually run my ticket cause they said no one had a ticket in for the refund.  They said it would take 3-5 days.  If I don't see it by Monday I am going to call them back.  It shouldn't be that hard I would think.  They know who all cancelled, it shouldn't take a company this large to refund the money to all. 

The problem with the credit card company is that these charges are sometimes made a year in advance and have long since processed. I am experiencing the same BS. The last time I called into the Crown and Anchor society the agent admitted there was a common "glitch" in which payments sometimes got hung up in the system. Of course, he had to call someone else who promised it was fixed now... but I have not seen anything back yet. I will be on my fourth call next Friday and I won't be very pleasant. (I have been pleasant so far).

At that point, I will open up a case with my credit card, but for the travel protection that comes free with my card. The cruise cancellation definitely qualifies and it will cover the $1300. I shouldn't have to waste my time with this though.

It just went back into my account today!  Yay.  It on;y took calling them 3 times.  I think if I never called them they would of never processed it because they said there wasn't even a active ticket on it and had to create one.