First Time Oceania what restaurants?

Salf777

37 minutes ago, citruscruiser said:

As a newbie also, is it important to book the reservations prior to sailing for your prescribed amount of restaurants or are you able to walk up (or check a few days before) to the restaurant of your choice.  I will be on the Insignia and it is my understanding that there is Polo and Toscano and a main dining room (is that correct?).

Looking at the schedule and only seeing 9pm is a bit disconcerting.

Yes I would pre book  but if you do not see a time that works for you  go on embarkation day & ask for  an earlier time slot

If you share  a table  there is usually more open

I would keep checking online

JMO

1 hour ago, citruscruiser said:

As a newbie also, is it important to book the reservations prior to sailing for your prescribed amount of restaurants or are you able to walk up (or check a few days before) to the restaurant of your choice.  I will be on the Insignia and it is my understanding that there is Polo and Toscano and a main dining room (is that correct?).

Looking at the schedule and only seeing 9pm is a bit disconcerting.

This will be our first O cruise and I booked our specialty reservations at 9PM - midnight on the East Coast - on the night they became available to us.

47 minutes ago, CptBoatface said:

Sadly I  marked the wrong day and have 9 pm reservation for our special night,  9 pm is our normal bed time. Epic fail on my part

so change the res 

Call O & ask if any time other time slots are open

22 hours ago, CptBoatface said:

Sadly I  marked the wrong day and have 9 pm reservation for our special night,  9 pm is our normal bed time. Epic fail on my part

On our last cruise we had a time later than we wanted as that was all I could get online. The first afternoon before the ship sailed I went to the concierge desk and asked if there was an earlier time. We were given just what we wanted. Granted we were sharing a table but it can be done. Good luck and enjoy your cruise. Julia

• Like 1