Voyager Of The Seas Drydock room changes?

tiger97

Hi Everyone, we are due to sail on Voyager next year, and was contacted by Royal Caribbean today to let us know that our room will no longer be able to accommodate 3 guests.

It was on Deck 8, a spacious balcony stateroom. Has anyone else had a similar message?

They are offering us deck 6, or at the very rear on deck 10.

I have a feeling they might be turning the room into a twin? They said compensation will not be offered to us.

They're adding a large number of rooms right now, and given the increase in occupancy last revamp  (~500), I actually can't imagine they can take the full additional capacity this time around, as it would total almost 1000 since she was built. 

Therefore, I suspect they need to reduce the 3/4 places slightly. This would explain the change to you. They could keep the furnishings, but just can't hold so many people in those cabins.

6 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

They're adding a large number of rooms right now, and given the increase in occupancy last revamp  (~500), I actually can't imagine they can take the full additional capacity this time around, as it would total almost 1000 since she was built. 

Therefore, I suspect they need to reduce the 3/4 places slightly. This would explain the change to you. They could keep the furnishings, but just can't hold so many people in those cabins.

Are they really adding that many cabins again, thought they added already almost the maximum during last drydock?

I know they eliminated the concierge lounge on deck 9 along with the service areas behind it and are replacing it with 4 cabins.  I heard this from the hotel director at a party celebrating the change happening on Voyager.  There was cake, champagne and a little destroying of parts of the CL.  It was a fun gathering which included hard hats, safety glasses and sledge hammers.  

I should add they didn’t eliminate the concierge lounge, it is being moved to the Viking Crown area. 

Edited by CruiseKeeper

20 minutes ago, CruiseKeeper said:

I should add add they didn’t eliminate the concierge lounge, it is being moved to the Viking Crown area. 

I think eliminate IS the correct word.  The Viking Crown area will likely have a Suite Lounge.

1 minute ago, Billy Baltic said:

Will there still be a regular Viking Crown lounge?

Yes, if they follow what has been done to other Voyager/Freedom class ships, there will still be a large section of Viking Crown open to all guests.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jasp 0401 said:

Yes the Concierge lounge is moving into the Diamond Lounge and will be called the Suite Lounge. The Diamond Lounge is being moved to deck 5 into the Golden Room

Is the Golden Room the old Connoisseur Club (cigar lounge)?

1 minute ago, Jasp 0401 said:

Yes. I believe the Diamond/ Golden Room will still be used for high stakes poker/Gambling on some of it's Asian sailings.

Deck 5, starboard side, almost all the way forward.

The deck plan in place after the dry dock still shows the concierge lounge in its original location.  There is now a suite lounge and a diamond lounge in the locations indicated in the above comments.  It looks as though there might be 3 special lounges in the new configuration.

36 minutes ago, Big Timber said:

The deck plan in place after the dry dock still shows the concierge lounge in its original location.  There is now a suite lounge and a diamond lounge in the locations indicated in the above comments.  It looks as though there might be 3 special lounges in the new configuration.

Would you be able to post a link to the new deck plan please? 

I can't find it anywhere?

Many thanks!

1 hour ago, Big Timber said:

I personally used a sledge hammer in the Concierge lounge on deck 9 on the last night of our cruise.  I can assure you, that lounge is outta here.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tiger97 said:

Would you be able to post a link to the new deck plan please? 

I can't find it anywhere?

Many thanks!

The RCCL website.  Click on "ships" and bottom of page click on "deck plans" and go to Voyager of the Seas.  There will be two sets of deck plans.  One for the period 8-9-19/10-20-19  and another for 10-21-19/4-25-21.

15 hours ago, CruiseKeeper said:

I personally used a sledge hammer in the Concierge lounge on deck 9 on the last night of our cruise.  I can assure you, that lounge is outta here.  

Well, then you know.  However, I don't understand why the new deck plans are accurate on the other changes but not regarding the "concierge lounge".  Guess I'll just wait until my November cruise and ask the concierge myself.

1 hour ago, Big Timber said:

The RCCL website.  Click on "ships" and bottom of page click on "deck plans" and go to Voyager of the Seas.  There will be two sets of deck plans.  One for the period 8-9-19/10-20-19  and another for 10-21-19/4-25-21.

Cool, thank you

• 4 months later...