Voyager Of The Seas Drydock room changes?

tiger97

• 1 year later...
Vow ASA subsidiary Scanship was awarded a $1.6m retrofit contract for Royal Caribbean International's Voyager of the Seas.

Builds on previous Voyager-class work

The new order involves upgrading the advanced wastewater purification systems on Voyager of the Seas. Between 2010 and 2013, Scanship was involved in retrofitting a complete AWP system on this ship and others in the Voyager class.

With this upgrade, Voyager of the Seas will have a new, higher standard system with capacity for processing all wastewater generated from up to 5,020 people on board.

'The contract demonstrates the versatility of our advanced wastewater purification systems for larger cruise ships, and that our systems can easily be upgraded to future standards,' Vow CEO Henrik Badin said.

Meets highest MARPOL standard

The equipment delivery and installation are scheduled to take place in early 2022, partly in drydock and partly during regular cruise operations after. When the system is operational, Voyager will meet the highest environmental standard at sea in line with IMO's MARPOL MEPC 227(64) including chapter 4.2 with nutrient removal.

'We are honored and grateful that Royal Caribbean Group again has decided to work with us,' Badin said. 'It is one of several retrofits that we have undertaken for this shipowner during the past few years and confirms Royal Caribbean Group’s commitment to the environment in a period where the industry is resuming their operations. Together we work for cleaner oceans.'

Vow's Scanship wins retrofit contract for Voyager of the Seas (seatrade-cruise.com)

This seems to indicate a dry dock soon.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

There was a video of Voyager coming into a port a couple of weeks ago and it looks pretty sad . A lot of marine growth after 18 months anchored off Singapore .

I suppose Cadiz.

I think it was Athens

44 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

I think it was Athens

It was Athens ,pretty dirty around the water line. I suppose it’s marine growth.

I suppose the dry dock will be in Cadiz .

It was in Australia 2 years ago and it was looking pretty average then.

3590A90A-CF35-4D20-A1BE-D8D01B03B9D6.thumb.png.69d4360ac97a12f1dfa0a85843274cd1.png