Anthem Debarking - Self Assist Walk Off Time?

ace1zoe2

Just wondering if anyone who has recently sailed Anthem could tell me what time the self-assist walk off time is? I need to pre-book a shuttle service for our group of 10 from Port Liberty to Newark to arrive by 11am. We are a mixed group with gold to D+ members so we were planning to all do walk off with our luggage but I need to know a set time to schedule the shuttle for pick up.

Wondering if we're all in line by 8:00am or 8:30am if that will leave sufficient time to walk off by 9:00-9:30and have the driver meet us.

We are looking to use Dial 7 car service in a Sprinter shuttle unless someone has a better suggestion.

Thanks,

Cindy

1 hour ago, ace1zoe2 said:

Just wondering if anyone who has recently sailed Anthem could tell me what time the self-assist walk off time is? I need to pre-book a shuttle service for our group of 10 from Port Liberty to Newark to arrive by 11am. We are a mixed group with gold to D+ members so we were planning to all do walk off with our luggage but I need to know a set time to schedule the shuttle for pick up.

Wondering if we're all in line by 8:00am or 8:30am if that will leave sufficient time to walk off by 9:00-9:30and have the driver meet us.

We are looking to use Dial 7 car service in a Sprinter shuttle unless someone has a better suggestion.

Thanks,

Cindy

Anthem has two different times for self disembark.  We do the earlier time and drive to the port and are always on the road by 7:30am.  We don't bother to get in line, we just go down between 7 and 7:15 and just walk off.  The later time starts closer to 8 but I can't find the disembark sheet.  Are you coming back to port at 6am or 7am?  Depending on the time of year, sail time and arrival time is an hour different.  If you are not back until 7am, I would go with the early disembark.

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Anthem has two different times for self disembark.  We do the earlier time and drive to the port and are always on the road by 7:30am.  We don't bother to get in line, we just go down between 7 and 7:15 and just walk off.  The later time starts closer to 8 but I can't find the disembark sheet.  Are you coming back to port at 6am or 7am?  Depending on the time of year, sail time and arrival time is an hour different.  If you are not back until 7am, I would go with the early disembark.

Our cruise itinerary shows 7:00am arrival at Cape Liberty. There are tours with airport drop off that start at 9:30. Our flights are at 1pm so wanting to be at the airport at 11am. I was thinking walkoffs were 7:00-9:00am on most ships but I think we've arrived in port around 6:am.

I just don't want the driver to be waiting for us and get charged extra but I also don't want to be at the airport at 8:00am. I guess either way we'll be sitting somewhere. I'd rather be at the airport checked in and have time to walk around than sitting in a lounge or theater waiting for my number to be called.

Thanks for your help!

Cindy

13 minutes ago, ace1zoe2 said:

Our cruise itinerary shows 7:00am arrival at Cape Liberty. There are tours with airport drop off that start at 9:30. Our flights are at 1pm so wanting to be at the airport at 11am. I was thinking walkoffs were 7:00-9:00am on most ships but I think we've arrived in port around 6:am.

I just don't want the driver to be waiting for us and get charged extra but I also don't want to be at the airport at 8:00am. I guess either way we'll be sitting somewhere. I'd rather be at the airport checked in and have time to walk around than sitting in a lounge or theater waiting for my number to be called.

Thanks for your help!

Cindy

I would rather be at the airport too instead of worrying about getting stuck in traffic.  We have only had one sailing with the 7am arrival at Cape Liberty and all our others were the 3pm departure and 6am arrival they do in the winter months.  

First walk off should be 7-7:30ish if not earlier.  Pretty sure the second one was an hour later.  The shuttle drivers line up out on the access road anyway and then come to the curb as they are called.  Port had facial recognition when we sailed in January, so that was really quick getting off.

Anthem boards early too, we have been on board at 10:30 more than once, so if you guys are coming in early, head on over.  

Have a great time!

15 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I would rather be at the airport too instead of worrying about getting stuck in traffic.  We have only had one sailing with the 7am arrival at Cape Liberty and all our others were the 3pm departure and 6am arrival they do in the winter months.  

First walk off should be 7-7:30ish if not earlier.  Pretty sure the second one was an hour later.  The shuttle drivers line up out on the access road anyway and then come to the curb as they are called.  Port had facial recognition when we sailed in January, so that was really quick getting off.

Anthem boards early too, we have been on board at 10:30 more than once, so if you guys are coming in early, head on over.  

Have a great time!

Thank you so much for all the info! We've sailed out of Bayonne back in 2012 but on a different ship.

We are flying from Texas & arriving a couple of days early as our daughter, SNL & 19mo old granddaughter live in Manhattan. We'll stay a couple of nights with them and then head over to the port early on Thursday morning even though our boarding time says 12pm we'll be onboard long before then :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LESLIEKURZ said:

FYI... our last Anthem cruise they had the early walk off debarkation in two spots.  The normal place, which had a crazy line and right by the robo bar, which was waaaay more comfortable and had zero lines.  

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to check it out when it's time to line up.

Pace of disembarkation can vary quite a bit by itinerary and time of year.  
When school is out ship sails at max capacity more often and crowd is younger so longer walk-off line.  Fall foliage sailings are more 2 to a cabin and attract older crowd less willing to lug  bags themselves.  Also greater % of summer crowd seems to be from tri-state area, more likely to drive to ship.  Canada sailings draw from wider geography, more folks fly.

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:12 PM, reallyitsmema said:

Cindy, just saw these on another site and remembered your post.

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

Thank you so much! I just booked our transfers on Friday afternoon for 9am... which won't work out according to this. Glad you posted this information for me. I will call today to change it to 9:45. Thanks again.

Also, if you know the answer, does this port have the facial recognition technology so you breeze right thru correct?

2 minutes ago, ace1zoe2 said:

Thank you so much! I just booked our transfers on Friday afternoon for 9am... which won't work out according to this. Glad you posted this information for me. I will call today to change it to 9:45. Thanks again.

Also, if you know the answer, does this port have the facial recognition technology so you breeze right thru correct?

You're welcome.  9am would work if you do self carry #1, not self carry #2.  We last sailed Anthem in January and they did have the facial recognition.  Just walked up and waited for the green light and off we went.  Very quick and painless.