Recent pics of Maasdam’s Neptune Suite?

SempreMare

Does anyone have recent pictures of the Maasdam’s Neptune suite? 

My TA says the room config is different from what the ancient pictures on the HAL website shows.

The website pic shows

-  drawers where the desk usually is on the other Westerdam’s Neptune Suite

-  no desk at all in the Maasdam NS. 

TA said HAL said there IS a desk in the current Maasdam NS, but it is not configured like most other NS suites.

She said it’s sideways to the balcony.  I can’t picture this - the couch is there.  Where did they move  the couch? 

I searched YouTubes and Google Search and can’t find pictures that show this configuration of Maasdam NS.

The Maasdam Neptune Suite isn't arranged anything like the one on the Westerdam, so don't even try to compare the picture in your mind with photos of the Maasdam. 
On the Maasdam the couch is against either the forward or aft wall, depending on which cabin you are in. It faces the bed. The desk is along the outside wall, running along the balcony. Bathroom and dressing room are toward the interior of the cabin---near the ship's passageway. 
The suite is arranged the way it has always been, as far as I can tell. 

29 minutes ago, RuthC said:

On the Maasdam

- the couch is against either the forward or aft wall, depending on which cabin you are in. It faces the bed.

- The desk is along the outside wall, running along the balcony.

- Bathroom and dressing room are toward the interior of the cabin---near the ship's passageway. 

Hi RuthC,

But... isn't that how the Westerdam NS is arranged? 

In my NS in August (Alaska), 

- The couch was along the aft wall.  It faced the bed.

- The desk was along the outside wall, facing directly out over the balcony.

-  Bathroom and dressing room were toward the interior of the cabin

The official Maasdam NS pic on the HAL Maasdam website does not show a desk anywhere.

image.png.145195f2b7d38fb64e30ab9b650d4ffa.png

However, it does feature my Dad's TV ;-).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We have had some Neptune Suites where the desk area was on the wall with the sofa just  past the angled counter with the plant.  We have been in a Neptune Suite on Maasdam 3 times but I cannot remember if it was this ship or a different one. 

3 hours ago, jebhoward3 said:

We have had some Neptune Suites where the desk area was on the wall with the sofa just  past the angled counter with the plant.  

One thing that actually went through my mind was:

I wonder if they’re counting that strange angled white counter thing to the left of the couch towards the door as a desk?

@jebhoward3 do you recall which way the desk faced?

1 hour ago, SempreMare said:

One thing that actually went through my mind was:

I wonder if they’re counting that strange angled white counter thing to the left of the couch towards the door as a desk?

@jebhoward3 do you recall which way the desk faced?

That’s exactly what they are doing 😉 

As long as you don’t mind standing up or can find a way to angle a chair, it works.  But, I don’t call it a desk 😉.  I’ve used it lots.  And it’s a great place to put munchies if you are hosting in your cabin 😉 

OMG tell me you’re kidding! (OK I see the wink 😉 but still...)

I didn’t expect it, but having a view / balcony-facing desk added a ton of value to my cruise experience.

in 3 ways as shown by the pics here

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2696705-finding-zen-in-alaska-on-the-westerdam/

It would make me more willing to pay for a Neptune Suite on a longer Maasdam cruise

I’m going to ask my TA to ask her HAL contact: 

If you were buying a product online for $15,000, would you want to be able to see a picture with that product’s key features represented?”

Edited by SempreMare

3 hours ago, SempreMare said:

OMG tell me you’re kidding! (OK I see the wink 😉 but still...)

Nope, wasn’t kidding.  Was winking to say it’s doable.

3 hours ago, SempreMare said:

I didn’t expect it, but having a view / balcony-facing desk added a ton of value to my cruise experience.

in 3 ways as shown by the pics here

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2696705-finding-zen-in-alaska-on-the-westerdam/

It would make me more willing to pay for a Neptune Suite on a longer Maasdam cruise

I actually liked the NS on the Maasdam.  It’s a bigger cabin, fantastic balcony/verandah and much deeper and bigger than the Vista, Signature and Pinnacle class.

It might not have a couple of things but it’s a nice cabin IMO.  different strokes 😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Nope, wasn’t kidding.  Was winking to say it’s doable.

I actually liked the NS on the Maasdam.  It’s a bigger cabin, fantastic balcony/verandah and much deeper and bigger than the Vista, Signature and Pinnacle class.

It might not have a couple of things but it’s a nice cabin IMO.  different strokes 😉 

Jacqui, I so agree with you! On our 30 day SA cruise on her we had a awesome NS that was a lot bigger than on Nieuw Amsterdam!! 

Denise😊

• Like 1