Final word from RCCL on Jeans-in-Dining-Room policy

PAGA

I think this has been said before, but I'll give it the ol' college try. Why not just agree to disagree and move on. RC says jeans are okay for casual nights, but you can dress however you want. I have become a lot less judgemental of how others are dressed, especially since the airline lost my luggage with 98% of my clothing for my last cruise. I would hope that everyone here is above having their cruise spoiled by how other people are dressed. We work too hard and have to wait too long to go on vacation. Enjoy when you are there and hold those memories close when it is done. Cheers.

:D

1) I would not get to the dock before 11:00am. If you arrive earlier, you might be a little closer to the front of the line, but you are going to wait much longer.

2) Usually the second night and one more night. It is not going to be the first or last night, and not likely two nights in a row. So that leaves the fourth, fifth or sixth night as the other formal night. Usually it is the night after a day at sea.

3) Yes, go to the dining room once you board and ask.

4) Probably around July 2007

5) People do this all the time.

Well done

Not at all. What I care about is the trend in this thread that seems to be leaning towards calling people who think others should dress properly stuckup snobs. That is not true. Everyone justifies not dressing properly by saying they are nice interesting people, that is fine, but it still doesn't mean you shouldn't dress properly.

See here is the thing, jeans ARE proper so if they are "improper" to you, sorry but you are irrelevant.

I'm really not trying to associate personality with attire. Regardless of what kind of person someone is, I think they should dress properly for dinner (nice person or a**h*le). And properly to me means no jeans.

Everyone in this thread can make their own judgement on what your trying to say. I've made mine.

I think this has been said before, but I'll give it the ol' college try. Why not just agree to disagree and move on. RC says jeans are okay for casual nights, but you can dress however you want. I have become a lot less judgemental of how others are dressed, especially since the airline lost my luggage with 98% of my clothing for my last cruise. I would hope that everyone here is above having their cruise spoiled by how other people are dressed. We work too hard and have to wait too long to go on vacation. Enjoy when you are there and hold those memories close when it is done. Cheers.

Shirleygr-I just don't understand why you want to interject wisdom and common sense into this totally senseless discussion. ;)

Thank you

-Monte

This thread is going to get pulled if the comments are not toned down a bit. It happened to the last clothing thread that got too hot.

How about keeping the comments directed to the subject (jeans, clothing ...) and not to the people making the comments?

Nothing like a good ol' personal attack when you have nothing else to say.

What personal attack? Your definition of what's proper is irrelevant. The only opinion that matters is RCI's. You are in no position to tell someone who intends on wearing jeans that it's not proper. What is so hard to understand about that? and how is that a personal attack?

What personal attack? Your definition of what's proper is irrelevant. The only opinion that matters is RCI's. You are in no position to tell someone who intends on wearing jeans that it's not proper. What is so hard to understand about that? and how is that a personal attack?

Saying to someone, "you are irrelevant", is a personal attack.

It is pretty close to saying, "you are worthless", that would be a personal attack.

Saying to someone, "you are irrelevant", is a personal attack.

It is pretty close to saying, "you are worthless", that would be a personal attack.

If you in fact really did interpret the post as me saying you personally are irrelevant. I apologize. It was clearly directed at your opinion of what is and is not proper.

Shirleygr-I just don't understand why you want to interject wisdom and common sense into this totally senseless discussion. ;)

Thank you

-Monte

Well, I tried. Off to find a lively debate on boarding times. ;)

BTW< the infighting thread got pulled. Someone has no sense of humor. :(

They have you there Weez! I would send you to your cabin as punishment, but you'd probably sit there in your jeans and order room service. How Rude!

;)

-Monte

I thought it was pretty clear it wasnt directed at him personally but his opinion, apparently not:( .

BTW< the infighting thread got pulled. Someone has no sense of humor. :(

Actually my original post was 100% serious, after that it sort of went down hill. I'll never get to be a "Blue Ribbon Cruiser" if they keep pulling all of the threads I post to. LOL

I just checked floataway-didn't get move there, just poofed completely. I really didn't see anything offensive in it and it wasn't any more off topic than about 50% of the other threads here.

-Monte

Actually my original post was 100% serious, after that it sort of went down hill. I'll never get to be a "Blue Ribbon Cruiser" if they keep pulling all of the threads I post to. LOL

-Monte

I missed it altogether, what was said that resulted in it being pulled?

I have no idea. Guess the mod just doesn't like me. :( Maybe it wasn't specific enough to RCI (like the disney thread is-and I posted to that one also). Or maybe it's that infighting is allowed, but we're not allowed to mention it. ;)

-Monte

Was that the teens in jeans thread? The host merged two jeans threads and it mysteriously disappeared. I don't know why they choose to delete threads rather then lock them. Part of the reason these threads keep popping up is because they tend to get removed when they get a little heated.

Was that the teens in jeans thread? The host merged two jeans threads and it mysteriously disappeared. I don't know why they choose to delete threads rather then lock them. Part of the reason these threads keep popping up is because they tend to get removed when they get a little heated.

No, there was a thread about infighting or something, and when I tried to go to it, it said it didn't exist, then I saw that it was pulled. I'm just curious what was said that got it pulled so quickly.

No, there was a thread about infighting or something, and when I tried to go to it, it said it didn't exist, then I saw that it was pulled. I'm just curious what was said that got it pulled so quickly.

Oh, I must have missed that one.

Don't worry about it...If this thread gets pulled there's already another one started. It's called "Am I the only one." And yes I can verify that the other jeans threads were pulled. There's no record that I ever posted to them.

Archived