Final word from RCCL on Jeans-in-Dining-Room policy

PAGA

I'll give it a shot....

3 to 4 - night cruises include one formal night and the remainder nights are casual.

5 - night cruises include one formal and the remainder nights casual.

6 - night cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual and the remainder nights casual. 7 to 9 - night cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual night and the remainder nights casual.

10 to 13-night cruises include two formal nights, two smart casual nights, and the remainder nights casual.
14+ - night cruises include three formal nights, four smart casual nights and the remainder nights casual.

BTW You don't necessarily need a "good description in the title" Just mention jeans, smoking or a few other topics and people will flock to it!!

When they said "theme" i thought they were referring to the theme as in like country and western, I didn't realize they meant dress. :D ;)

OK thats it. Everyone out of the sandbox and take your shovels with you because they no longer serve any useful purpose. The "I am rights" have been piled so high a back hoe is now needed to stack them. Or maybe we could use it to dig a hole even bigger than the pile and throw all those horrible jeans in it. That my opinion and I am sticking to it because I am right and I do not have to listen or accept an opinion that is contrary to mine.

So that being said how about we discuss something that we never see on these boards we could start with:

1. What time can I board the ship?

2. What night is formal night?

3. Can I change my dinner seating?

4. When will we be able to book cruises for Aug. 2008?

5. Can I bring liquor on board?

If none of these work I guess we could continue the jeans debate.

Your post is confusing. The dress-up people are the ones complaining about the non-dressers. So are you saying that the dressers are calling themselves snobs?

Some people will do anything to get in the last word!

;)

-Monte

He has no idea what he's trying to say :D

Your post is confusing. The dress-up people are the ones complaining about the non-dressers. So are you saying that the dressers are calling themselves snobs?

Of course I know what I'm trying to say. I don't understand what is so difficult. You make it seem like EVERYONE who doesn't dress properly are wonderfully interesting socialble people and those who DO dress are nothing but uninteresting, selfish, stuckup snobs.

I don't see why that is confusing.

EVERYONE who doesn't dress properly are wonderfully interesting socialble people and those who DO dress are nothing but uninteresting, selfish, stuckup snobs.

I'm not confused either ;) . But the above statement is a bit extreme. LOL

See what you can do depending where you start a quote? (comeon folks lighten up)

-Monte

Not saying that there appears to be some snobs on here but I bet some of the people posting have scraped their nose on the ceiling more than once.

How gross! And I thought that was dirt on the ceiling

-Monte

I don't know anything, everyone who thinks you should not wear jeans is right, I'm wrong, sorry for thinking the way I did

....I bet you don't like it when someone misquotes you, huh? Why would you think it is ok to do the same to me? I know you didn't say that above, but I'm sure you used all of those words at some point in your life, the same way you misquoted me.

....I bet you don't like it when someone misquotes you, huh? .

Actually, I'm not bothered in the least. Don't be so insecure!

BTW-I didn't misquote you at all-It was a direct quote only taken out of context (AND if you had read the complete posting, i explained that)

-Monte

No one is right or wrong at this point. It is all about opinions, and as I have said, no one is going to change anyones opinions. What someone wears does not make the person. And I think we all know that. There have been some on here who have resorted to name calling those who wear jeans, calling them trailer trash. Those people are the ones who are the snobs. Not you, sblahars. You are very strong in your opinion. But I don't think I have seen any degradation coming from you.

Actually, I'm not bothered in the least. Don't be so insecure!

-Monte

It has nothing to do with being insecure, it is about you not misquoting me. Don't do that. Regardless of whether you agree with me or not, it is improper to misquote someone.

It has nothing to do with being insecure, it is about you not misquoting me. Don't do that. Regardless of whether you agree with me or not, it is improper to misquote someone.

Now now, again, you might want to read the post. And I still think it's insecurity.

lol

-Monte

Of course I know what I'm trying to say. I don't understand what is so difficult. You make it seem like EVERYONE who doesn't dress properly are wonderfully interesting socialble people and those who DO dress are nothing but uninteresting, selfish, stuckup snobs.

Sounds like you're trying to justify your stance to me. I've seen dozen's of people say they get dressed but could care less what other's dress like as long as they are good people. You, on the other hand, care more about the way a person dresses.

(snip) Regardless of whether you agree with me (snip).

I'm not gonna hold my breath waiting for that to happen, but I do hope you enjoy your cruises. If we're on the same ship I'll be easy to spot, I'll be the one in jeans.

-Monte

Sounds like you're trying to justify your stance to me. I've seen dozen's of people say they get dressed but could care less what other's dress like as long as they are good people. You, on the other hand, care more about the way a person dresses.

Not at all. What I care about is the trend in this thread that seems to be leaning towards calling people who think others should dress properly stuckup snobs. That is not true. Everyone justifies not dressing properly by saying they are nice interesting people, that is fine, but it still doesn't mean you shouldn't dress properly.

I'm really not trying to associate personality with attire. Regardless of what kind of person someone is, I think they should dress properly for dinner (nice person or a**h*le). And properly to me means no jeans.

Wow, all of this over a pair of jeans on casual night? I hope you don't take these strong feeling onto the ship with you.

I try to dress per the dress code. I don't care if someone else meets the dress code or not. If I find someone interesting, I don't care what they are wearing.

If jeans bothers you, there are cruises where you are not likely to see them. If HAL and Celebrity have relaxed their standards, then try Crystal, Seabourne, Raddison, Silversea ...

Nonetheless, if 1000 people out of 2000 are wearing jeans, and you don't want to, fine, don't. I don't see that as a problem. On the flip side, if 1000 out of 2000 are not wearing jeans, and there is no rule against wearing jeans, and you want to wear jeans, then go ahead and wear jeans. That should not be a problem either.

So some people want to judge others by the clothing they wear. So what? So someone will not talk to me because I was wearing jeans at dinner. Okay, I was not planning on making 2000 new friends on every cruise. If a person finds my jeans that objectionable, most likely there are other issues that we would find conflict with also, so perhaps it is for the best. What is wrong with limiting yourself to others who you believe you will get along with? You only have a week, make the most of it!

Why are people taking this jeans thing so personally? What you wear is your business. If I think less of you because of what you wear, that is my problem, not yours. The people who like to wear jeans can. The people who don't like to wear jeans don't have to. Until the clothes you wear affects the service I receive or the taste of my food, I really don't care what you are wearing. If I find you interesting, I would like to talk to you. Again, I don't care what you are wearing. If you don't want to talk to me because of the clothes I wear, that is your choice. I'm sure on a ship with 2000 passengers I'll find someone interesting to talk to who is not put off by my jeans.

So that being said how about we discuss something that we never see on these boards we could start with:

1. What time can I board the ship?

2. What night is formal night?

3. Can I change my dinner seating?

4. When will we be able to book cruises for Aug. 2008?

5. Can I bring liquor on board?

If none of these work I guess we could continue the jeans debate.

1) I would not get to the dock before 11:00am. If you arrive earlier, you might be a little closer to the front of the line, but you are going to wait much longer.

2) Usually the second night and one more night. It is not going to be the first or last night, and not likely two nights in a row. So that leaves the fourth, fifth or sixth night as the other formal night. Usually it is the night after a day at sea.

3) Yes, go to the dining room once you board and ask.

4) Probably around July 2007

5) People do this all the time.

Wow, all of this over a pair of jeans on casual night?

Why are people taking this jeans thing so personally? What you wear is your business.

I think there is at least some 'stirring the pot' going on... but as Ive said before..

HEY, HOW ABOUT THOSE STEELERS????

NOTE SUBTLE SEGUE.....

Archived