Final word from RCCL on Jeans-in-Dining-Room policy

PAGA

Don't worry about it...If this thread gets pulled there's already another one started. It's called "Am I the only one." And yes I can verify that the other jeans threads were pulled. There's no record that I ever posted to them.

I don't really understand why just remove them. It would probably be alot more effective lock it then make it a sticky. :D

The last cruise I was on the people sitting at the table enar us wore jeans and shorts on formal nights and NOBODY said a thing!

Of course not. Most people only have the nads to speak their opinion while hiding behind a computer screen. Very few would actually have the guts to say something to someones face or loud enough so that they could hear.

On the subject of jeans being worn in the formal dining room, as I see it, this is just another result of the dumbing down of our society and the respect for guildlines and tradition.

The sad part is once tradition has been broken, it almost never returns.

Aubie

Some changes in clothing are not due to "dumbing down" but instead to "smartening up." If we did not change customs and clothing with the times we'd still be living and dressing like they did in the Dark Ages.

When I was a student at the University of Florida in the early 60's women couldn't wear shorts or slacks to class or even in the dorm lobby before 4:00PM. Frankly, I am glad such outdated fashion expectations have changed. Some traditions are not worth preserving. Some traditions are no longer practical in 2006.

I am SO depressed... I missed an infighting thread???:mad: :( If only we could find another... hmmmm

Well the good news is tomorrow is CASUAL Friday....

...I'm wearing Jeans!!! and NOT designer ones... PAINTER JEANS

Do they have paint all over them?

I am SO depressed... I missed an infighting thread???:mad: :( If only we could find another... hmmmm

Well the good news is tomorrow is CASUAL Friday....

...I'm wearing Jeans!!! and NOT designer ones... PAINTER JEANS

Do you paint for a living? And how did you get my dog's pic for your avatar?? :eek:

Do they have paint all over them?
No.. but I can work on that through out the day... by cruise time... they'll be 'good to go'

Do you paint for a living? And how did you get my dog's pic for your avatar?? :eek:
No, I work in an office. My 'girl' in the avatar is one of our three that we brought home from shelters. She's a BIG lovable mutt. She is from 'champion lines' as she's Shepard, mixed with a neighborhood fence jumping champion. Vet told us she'd get top about 40 lbs (Then 50, then 60....) She topped out at 120lbs!!, but we put her on a diet and shes slimmed down to the 90's

To no one in particular;

You all are taking this jean bit too seriously. Neat, clean, interesting.

We do not wear jeans (makes our butts look too big). Need to lighten up and just enjoy. We will be on the Jewel in just 2 more days.

:rolleyes: ;)

No.. but I can work on that through out the day... by cruise time... they'll be 'good to go'

No, I work in an office. My 'girl' in the avatar is one of our three that we brought home from shelters. She's a BIG lovable mutt. She is from 'champion lines' as she's Shepard, mixed with a neighborhood fence jumping champion. Vet told us she'd get top about 40 lbs (Then 50, then 60....) She topped out at 120lbs!!, but we put her on a diet and shes slimmed down to the 90's

We're doing casual jean Friday today (but athletic shoes are VERBOTEN). My dog's a mutt too...he looks almost identical to yours (face, size, coloring, white marks). We don't really know what he is, but he's gotten quite big ~90lbs. I hope he doesn't get any bigger. Thankfully ours is content to stay in the yard and not jump...although he can run, run, run in circles ALL DAY LONG ;)

I went to Trumbull High.

Hi, Logan.

He was going to Bunnell in Stratford, but he just transferred to the ALPHA program, which is an alternative high school for kids who are not doing well in a traditional setting. It is a much smaller school setting, with very little homework and a shortened day. I'm on him now to find a job since he gets out at 12:30 and he can get credit for work experience. We know he won't be able to graduate this spring since there are courses he won't be able to take until the fall, but we are hoping he will be done by the end of the year. Keeping my fingers crossed. :rolleyes:

How can a video game entitled Final Fantasy have a 2 .. 3 .. 4 .. 5 .. 6 .. 7 .. 8 .. 9 .. 10 ..... ?

What about the TV show "Survivor"? I'm not watching it until I hear there are actually some deaths-Far as I'm concerned we won't have any "survivors" until then (to me everyone surviving isn't much of a show).

-Monte

TRUE!! LOL

Maybe if this horse is ever dead from the beating we can have

Final word from RCCL on Jeans-in-Dining-Room policy ...part deux !

I can ask my DDteen....what she plans on wearing on her feet....

Teens in Flip Flops

and we can all fight over whether those $100.00 swarovski crystal flip flops are appropriate in the dining room.

All Jeans are not created equally. I have my sloppy jeans where I can wear and wipe the grime onto... kids can spill food on it and who cares. And then there are my other jeans, dark wash, skin tight, nicely form fitting...and they look great on me and with any top..can dress it up or down! Can wear boots with them(n ot while cruising) or high heels or nice open toe sandals.... What is the big dispute? It says casual. I for me enjoyed not taking a differenct outfit for each night this past cruise on Mariner 1/22/06. Next time, I will pack even less! But to each his own. After 5 cruises I did not want to be all decked out and bringing out the cruise wear clothes from prior years. i just wanted casual! Except fo the 2 formal nights which i wore formal!

dark wash, skin tight, nicely form fitting...and they look great on me !

I like your attitude! And from your handle "Inshape" I can tell that your form fitting jeans must look MUCH different than my "form fitting" jeans. LOL

I am In shape, but the shape I'm in is somewhat round

-Monte

Archived