Final word from RCCL on Jeans-in-Dining-Room policy

PAGA

Or Chair hogs...wearing jeans, while smoking, and not watching thier kids that ride the elevators, pushing every button, and bring illegal beverages to their stateroom... wrappd in their jeans in their carry-on

It's ok if they were smoking on the port side, or is it the starboard side?

The following expectation can be found on RCI’s Web Page:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/lifeOnboardFaq.do;jsessionid=00003r7uyfPObwi9-KWfJ3UFI4U:v2mocc7o#8

What are the dress codes onboard?

There are three distinct types of evenings onboard: casual, smart casual and formal. Suggested guidelines for these nights are:

Casual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women

Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women

Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women

3 to 4-night cruises include one formal night and the remainder are casual nights.

5 – night cruises include one formal and the remainder casual nights.

6 – night cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual and the remainder are casual nights .

7 to 9-night cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual night and the remainder nights are casual nights.

10 to13-night cruises include two formal nights and two smart casual nights, and the remainder are casual nights.

14+ -night cruises include three formal nights and four smart casual nights and the remainder are casual nights.

We appreciate your usual parental guidance and cooperation in observing these easy guidelines with your children.

Okay, I get it. You can read and you can post things from the RCCL website. I really don't care. I never questioned the "Suggested Guidelines". I merely stated my opinion when someone asked if I thought something was appropriate. And by the way. Since you are so good at looking things up, look up the definition of the word "suggested"!!! I really don't need advice from someone who just lurks for the right moment to post the SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!!

Okay, I get it. You can read and you can post things from the RCCL website. I really don't care. I never questioned the "Suggested Guidelines". I merely stated my opinion when someone asked if I thought something was appropriate. And by the way. Since you are so good at looking things up, look up the definition of the word "suggested"!!! I really don't need advice from someone who just lurks for the right moment to post the SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!!

You noticed it too? I thought maybe I was the only one that had noticed this poster only seemed to be able to post to dress code threads and then pretty much only post a cut and paste from the RCI web site.

I bet it's tough for some people to enjoy relax and enjoy dinner when they are so uptight about what everyone else is doing or what sort of clothing they have on. I was thinking about this last night when I was to worn out to take a shower and wash my hair before going to Ted's (not exactly an upscale restaurant but not Denny's either) and choose to wear a baseball cap to dinner.

Granted my grandparents would have hit me with a ruler for something like this but my meal tasted the same as the guy's across the isle from me who was also wearing a baseball cap to dinner.

Oh yea, I almost forgot, I was wearing blue jeans and a t-shirt to complete the ensamble as well. I was so dressed up I almost felt like going to Walmart after dinner for a little shopping. After all I was dressed for the occasion.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/lifeOnboardFaq.do;jsessionid=00003r7uyfPObwi9-KWfJ3UFI4U:v2mocc7o#8

There are three distinct types of evenings onboard: casual, smart casual and formal. Suggested guidelines for these nights are:

3 to 4-night cruises include one formal night and the remainder are casual nights.

6 – night cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual and the remainder are casual nights .

7 to 9-night cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual night and the remainder nights are casual nights.

10 to13-night cruises include two formal nights and two smart casual nights, and the remainder are casual nights.

14+ -night cruises include three formal nights and four smart casual nights and the remainder are casual nights.

We appreciate your usual parental guidance and cooperation in observing these easy guidelines with your children.

AND

When you get your docs mailed to you, you will receive a spiral bound book. In this book you will find “Guest Vacation Documents”

Under CRUISE VACATION GUIDE

WHAT SHOULD I PACK?

Days on board are casual, and you’ll be most comfortable in sports clothes and resort wear. Shoes should be low healed for deck activities. Bring a few swimsuits (so you’ll always have a dry one).

Ashore, you’ll need comfortable walking shoes. For evening wear, count on three basic types of attire.

Casual: sundresses or slacks and blouses for women; sport shirts and trousers for men.

Smart Casual: dresses or pantsuits for women; jackets for men.

Formal: Cocktail dresses for women; suits and ties or tuxedos for men.

See tuxedo rental info on pages 21-23.

If you’re cruising to the Caribbean, Mexico or other warm weather destinations, bring a hat for protection from the sun. If your cruise vacation will take you to Alaska, Canada/New England or Northern Europe, be sure to pack a jacket and several sweaters. We recommend that you hand-carry all travel documents, medications and any personal items that will meet your needs until your luggage is delivered to your stateroom. Luggage delivery aboard may take a few hours.

EVENING ATTIRE

The following will help you plan your evening attire onboard the ship:

3-5 night cruises……….………….. 10-12 night cruises

One formal night……………….……….Two formal nights

All other nights are casual….…….Three smart casual nights

………………………………….…….…………All other nights are casual

6-9 night cruises………..……………13-15 night cruises

Two formal nights………………….……Three formal nights

One smart casual night……………...Four smart casual nights

All other nights are casual.…….….All other nights are casual

Each ship also offers a variety of casual dining options each night.

239 posts, 238 quoting dress codes, yawn

239 posts, 238 quoting dress codes, yawn

Here's 239...Wann'a go for 240?

When you get your docs mailed to you, you will receive a spiral bound book. In this book you will find “Guest Vacation Documents”

Under CRUISE VACATION GUIDE

WHAT SHOULD I PACK?

Days on board are casual, and you’ll be most comfortable in sports clothes and resort wear. Shoes should be low healed for deck activities. Bring a few swimsuits (so you’ll always have a dry one).

Ashore, you’ll need comfortable walking shoes. For evening wear, count on three basic types of attire.

Casual: sundresses or slacks and blouses for women; sport shirts and trousers for men.

Smart Casual: dresses or pantsuits for women; jackets for men.

Formal: Cocktail dresses for women; suits and ties or tuxedos for men.

See tuxedo rental info on pages 21-23.

If you’re cruising to the Caribbean, Mexico or other warm weather destinations, bring a hat for protection from the sun. If your cruise vacation will take you to Alaska, Canada/New England or Northern Europe, be sure to pack a jacket and several sweaters. We recommend that you hand-carry all travel documents, medications and any personal items that will meet your needs until your luggage is delivered to your stateroom. Luggage delivery aboard may take a few hours.

EVENING ATTIRE

The following will help you plan your evening attire onboard the ship:

3-5 night cruises……….………….. 10-12 night cruises

One formal night……………….……….Two formal nights

All other nights are casual….…….Three smart casual nights

………………………………….…….…………All other nights are casual

6-9 night cruises………..……………13-15 night cruises

Two formal nights………………….……Three formal nights

One smart casual night……………...Four smart casual nights

All other nights are casual.…….….All other nights are casual

Each ship also offers a variety of casual dining options each night.

Lost luggage is indeed a problem. But the encouragement for you to ignore the dress code for formal night by the head waiter, room attendant or any other RCCL employee is disgusting. In fact, it is the root of the problem. RCCL needs to enforce the dress code not sabatoge it.

If the code was enforced this debate would go away. Lost luggage does not mean you have to go to bed without dinner. You can rent formal wear on the ship, eat in the Windjammer or order room service.

I am not aware they rent formal wear for women. Do they?

BTW, I think "disgusting" is a bit of a strong word. And, if you read what's been quoted from the RC website (240 times at last count), it is "suggested" attire, not required attire. Maybe you should lighten up a little. This is a cruise we're talking about, not world politics.

I am not aware they rent formal wear for women. Do they?

BTW, I think "disgusting" is a bit of a strong word. And, if you read what's been quoted from the RC website (240 times at last count), it is "suggested" attire, not required attire. Maybe you should lighten up a little. This is a cruise we're talking about, not world politics.

Yes they do...

http://www.cruiselineformal.com/prod_rcl_l.html

Well, I guess you learn something new everyday. I had no idea as when we've walked by the formalwear shop on board, I've only noticed tuxes in the window, nothing for women. I'll keep that in mind should, heavens forbid, we are in the same situation again. Thanks for the information.

You have some serious issues that posting on a cruise board will not cure.:rolleyes:

Thanks for quoting Ohunion, otherwise I would've never seen that post. Looks like they think everyone reading this thread is only interested in what they (Ohunion) has to say.

Hey, they wouldn't have made the ignore file if they ever had an original thought of their own. A couple hundred cuts from a web site don't qualify as thinking in my book. But maybe that's the best they can do.

-Monte

http://www.sweetshaun.com

37 jersey blue

Here is the way I see it. Since you cannot wear jean to Wal*Mart any more (see newspaper article below) the dining room on the cruise ship is the only place where jeans can be worn. So as I see it, that is the final word (at least until the next post).

>NewStore.jpg

A person with manners would assume that another person in the dining room in blue jeans had a good reason - such as missing luggage. Likewise a person with manners would not wear blue jeans in the dining room unless they had a good reason - such as missing luggage.

Personally I feel if a person has so little manners as to try and dissect the dress code instead of understanding its plain intent and dressing appropriately, that's between them and their host (RCI). If the host is gracious enough to allow it, good manners also dictate that I don't interfere.

Miss Manners would agree with you on this. And if she would ever ROTFL (how gauche!) it would be after reading this thread. :D

Archived