Is Port Canaveral Worth a stop?

RandomUser123

On 10/4/2019 at 11:00 PM, kevink1955 said:

Thanks to all that replied to my itinerary time question now for another 1

We are looking to rent a car for the 1/2 day trip.  I have seen in 1 place that Enterprise car rental is a 30 min walk from the terminal and in another place it is 4 miles.  I am not that fast a walker Lol.

I know shuttles are available but Enterprise closes at 5 and we would be just leaving the car on the lot around 7 and assume the shuttle is done for the day by then.  Would just prefer to walk but need to know if it is 30 min or 4 miles.

I do not believe one can walk from there to the port. I could be wrong and things may have changed. We took a cab since it was after hours and we had to drop the car and leave the keys in the drop box. Uber did not exist then, but does now.

These days, booking the NCL transfer to Disney is cheaper for us than renting a car...... $59, 15% discount, $100 shore ex credit per cabin, for 2 people our total cost was 30 cents. (This is with the $100 shore ex). Cost with the $50 per cabin shore ex was a little more.

Edited by Arzeena

21 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I do not believe one can walk from there to the port. I could be wrong and things may have changed. We took a cab since it was after hours and we had to drop the car and leave the keys in the drop box. Uber did not exist then, but does now.

These days, booking the NCL transfer to Disney is cheaper for us than renting a car...... $59, 15% discount, $100 shore ex credit per cabin, for 2 people our total cost was 30 cents. (This is with the $100 shore ex). Cost with the $50 per cabin shore ex was a little more.

I would not want to have to walk across this bridge.  Especially at night.  I would recommend an Uber or taxi.

Capture.JPG

Edited by GA Dave
  • Like 1

On 10/2/2019 at 3:29 PM, mking8288 said:

Nothing within easy walking distance of PC port/cruise terminal - some are even further away from the highway overpass/connector/bridge over the causeway - on a warm/hot & sunny day, not fun to do that 20 to 30 minutes walk ... didn't see anything like a 7-11 or even gas station with convenience store anywhere nearby, until you go past the marina on the other side.  Taxis/shuttle ride to Coca Beach or Coca Village are inexpensive - just hop on one & pay the driver on the spot.  

NCL usually docked next to the Disney terminal & one of the landmark is shaped like a large ship with sails, it's the PC authority - nothing there to see nor open to the public.  For the times that we stayed onboard, watch other cruisers walked out the gates & parking area, toward the main road & coming back shortly thereafter.   Inside the terminal building, there are vending machines pre-security & don't even think of bringing "banned" ashore or coming back.  Dropped those off in the huge 55 gallon "amnesty" barrels, no questions asked. 

I stopped there one time, and looking for free wifi, I followed some crewmember's....they led me to a hidden little convenience store, at the base of one of the parking garages.   The store was mainly for the various crew at the port, but will sell to anyone...you don't have to show a mariner's card or anything...and yes...they had wifi....😎

• Thanks 1

Thanks all for the reply's on the walking distance to the Enterprise car rental office.

If you look at the Enterprise site their are cruse ships in the background, looks like less than 1000 feet.

Checking via google earth shows the ships you can see are not Norwegian, Norwegian is located on the other side of the port and the posters who said it was not really walkable are right. It is a long walk in the wrong direction just to reach the highway then you have to walk over a bridge that does not look pedestrian friendly especially at night.

So as recommended we will take the shuttle to get the car and a taxi or uber on the return (shuttle ends before we will return)

Thanks again to all, first cruse in over 25 years so I want to have everything worked out in advance, no stress allowed.

• Like 1