MDR on Liberty

I have only been on one cruise on Harmony. I am gluten free so I usually eat in the MDR as suggested by RCCL. I thought the Harmony MDR was excellent. We are going on  Liberty in a few months. I have seen reviews that Liberty MDR is not so good. Would you all recommend getting a dining package and eating elsewhere? Like I said, I usually eat in the MDR for consistency due to be gluten free. I appreciate any input!

I have only been on Liberty once... We did a mix of specialty dining and the MDR. 

If it were me, I would stick with the MDR. Liberty only has a few specialty restaurants and I am not sure there is much GF offered at Giovanni's or Sabor... 

• Like 1

We had excellent meals in the MDR on Liberty. I would say it was our most consistently good MDR experience of all our Royal cruises.  Our cruise was back in January 2018, but we thought it was our best MDR experience to date.

We also like to eat for lunch on the MDR on sea days.  Just like the relaxed atmosphere but still in the elegant MDR.

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Researcher said:

We had excellent meals in the MDR on Liberty. I would say it was our most consistently good MDR experience of all our Royal cruises.  Our cruise was back in January 2018, but we thought it was our best MDR experience to date.

We also like to eat for lunch on the MDR on sea days.  Just like the relaxed atmosphere but still in the elegant MDR.

Dan

I am so glad to hear it! Thank you! The food is a big part of the cruise fun! We are definitely not picky but some of the reviews scared me. I appreciate the input. 

• Like 1