Packages and Shore EX

PSULion

3: I can wait until I board, upgrade the Package using the OBC  then and ultimately run the risk of not getting the tours we would like? Yes. So if it were me, I’d reserve the must-have tours pre-cruise using my own resources. Then board and buy the package I want with the OBC I already had. Then use the new OBC credits obtained to reverse the out-of-pocket expenditures on those must-have tours purchased pre-cruise. 

Bonnie, are you saying that on-board staff will reverse the out-of-pocket charges for pre-booked shore ex with the package excursion credit? Others here have indicated that on-board staff have been reluctant to do that, and the last thing I want is to start the trip off with an issue with the on-board staff. Thanks, John R.

Edited by PSULion

33 minutes ago, PSULion said:

3: I can wait until I board, upgrade the Package using the OBC  then and ultimately run the risk of not getting the tours we would like? Yes. So if it were me, I’d reserve the must-have tours pre-cruise using my own resources. Then board and buy the package I want with the OBC I already had. Then use the new OBC credits obtained to reverse the out-of-pocket expenditures on those must-have tours purchased pre-cruise. 

Bonnie, are you saying that on-board staff will reverse the out-of-pocket charges for pre-booked shore ex with the package excursion credit? Others here have indicated that on-board staff have been reluctant to do that, and the last thing I want is to start the trip off with an issue with the on-board staff. Thanks, John R.

Yes. The out-of-pocket expenditures will be refunded onto your stateroom account during the cruise, and refunded at the end of the cruise to your credit card if unused.

We have done this; the only issue we had was that the new tickets were more expensive than when we purchased them online.  The original prices were honored however.  Just remember that honey will get what you’re asking for much easier than vinegar, which may just get you a no

• Like 1

So you booked them on-line, got the charges to your credit card reversed, they re-booked you with ship credit from the Indulgence Package, but the shore ex was more expensive at that time, but AZ honored the pre-boarding on-line price, all with a smile?

Thanks,

John R.

6 hours ago, PSULion said:

I agree! Always a better approach in a customer service environment. I can not believe what people say to the "staff" sometimes! Unbelievable.

John R.

7 hours ago, laurieb said:

I really think it’s important to approach everyone behind a desk on the ships with a smile, and kindness; it makes a big difference!  They’re so used to having to deal with mean people all the time...

Totally agree. Politeness and a pleasant attitude cost nothing and are much more likely to get a positive result. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, PSULion said:

I agree! Always a better approach in a customer service environment. I can not believe what people say to the "staff" sometimes! Unbelievable.

John R.

I’m a great believer in karma.  When I see the way some guests talk to crew and officers I think to myself “it’s going to come back on you”.  Thankfully, in general those on Azamara are a polite and happy bunch, but occasionally there is the odd one.

Phil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1