Adding "free" air after booking

schmoopie17

Before I bug my TA with this question, I figured I'd bug all of you first 😊

We booked our May 2020 Mediterranean cruise a couple months ago. At the time of booking, even though "free" air was one of the options, we didn't choose it.

They are still offering "free" air on this cruise, so I assume we could add it now. Correct?

We added the free air to our cruise 2 weeks after booking.  Our TA had discouraged us from adding it due to poor reviews, but I figured I can't get a better deal and booking air on our own in August for an April 2020 cruise would be non-refundable.   We can cancel it before final payment if we find a better option.  I've been watching the prices go from $409 to $500 dollars pp for the cheapest non-direct flight and $677pp for direct.  We had to pay $334pp for the NCL flights from Toronto to NYC and Rome to Toronto.

I called NCL yesterday to ask about adding the free/reduced air perk to our June 2020 Alaska cruise. I was told that, since it was offered when we booked, we can add it to our existing booking any time before final payment. If we do add it, we have until final payment to drop it with no penalty. I know there would be a $25/person deviation fee to fly in the day before, and I’m fine with that. What gave me pause was something that was said in the video on this NCL page:

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-deals/choice/air-offer

We were ok with an overnight flight after our POA cruise, but I really don’t want to fly overnight from Seattle to DC. Not when several airlines have midday flights that would get us home by 8:00 or 9:00pm. I’m going to keep checking and see how we can do on our own!

Not gonna lie - overnight is a possibility.  I have it coming up - debark in LA and the flight NCL booked me on doesn't leave until 11:30 PM, had to find stuff to do for 12 hours.

I'm actually kind of OK with it though, though that Tuesday might be a rough day at work (planned Monday off as well).  Picked myself a window seat so I can lean my head on the wall of the plane and I'll pop some music on my headphones.

I added my free air a few weeks after I booked my cruise. I need one way back from London and air fare I was finding is insanely expensive so called and added the free air, I didn't need to cancel and rebook they just added it on