UBER at Port Canaveral

If you are talking about leaving the cruise terminal, we haven't.  There are tons of taxis, so we just use them.  

If you are talking going to the cruise terminal we have.  Just make sure your Uber driver has been to the cruise terminal before and knows the rules.  We had one pick us up at the hotel and on the way to the cruise terminal we asked if he had been there before, he said yes, but he still REALLY relied on GPS to get there.  We get to the check point and they ask if he has a gun in the vehicle, he says "Yes."  Which doesn't bother me at all, however you CANNOT get passed the check point with a gun in the vehicle.  We had to get out of his vehicle with all our luggage and the security guard said you'll have to call another driver.  So we walk across to the other side, where the cars are leaving.  I'm trying to flag an outgoing taxi and then the security guard comes over and THANKFULLY says the gentleman in the Park N Ride bus will take us to the terminal for free.  

I had to be outside of the terminal on the sidewalk to be able to pull one up on the app last month -- inside it said that it wasn't allowed / wasn't available (I forget the actual verbiage... but it did pull up okay once I was outside of the building).  

The cost was around $75 to get from Port Canaveral to MCO on a Friday morning, which is a good $20-$25 more than it cost to go from the airport to Cocoa Beach the week before.  

7 hours ago, Irule7 said:

If you are talking about leaving the cruise terminal, we haven't.  There are tons of taxis, so we just use them.  

If you are talking going to the cruise terminal we have.  Just make sure your Uber driver has been to the cruise terminal before and knows the rules.  We had one pick us up at the hotel and on the way to the cruise terminal we asked if he had been there before, he said yes, but he still REALLY relied on GPS to get there.  We get to the check point and they ask if he has a gun in the vehicle, he says "Yes."  Which doesn't bother me at all, however you CANNOT get passed the check point with a gun in the vehicle.  We had to get out of his vehicle with all our luggage and the security guard said you'll have to call another driver.  So we walk across to the other side, where the cars are leaving.  I'm trying to flag an outgoing taxi and then the security guard comes over and THANKFULLY says the gentleman in the Park N Ride bus will take us to the terminal for free.  

Are you thinking of port Everglades in FLL?  I don’t recall a security checkpoint at Port Canaveral.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Are you thinking of port Everglades in FLL?  I don’t recall a security checkpoint at Port Canaveral.

Yes it was Ft. Lauderdale.  For some reason when I saw the post I was thinking Port Canaveral was Ft. Lauderdale.

My mistake, sorry about that.

I'm looking into this too, and there are cheaper options out there depending on what your plans are.  There are even hotel and shuttle packages that include 1 night at a hotel and transportation from airport to hotel then to the port and back to the airport for really decent prices.  We're arriving earlier than that, and even buying a round-trip shuttle between the airport and port, then taking an Uber/Lyft to the airport the day of the cruise is proving to be cheaper than taking Uber/Lyft the entire way.  The round-trip shuttle is about $60 for two people.  Check out https://www.goport.com/