NextCruise Question

A few years back I booked a cruise on a cruise via NextCruise.  At that time there was a reduced deposit of $100 and another $100 onboard credit for booking.  Shortly after they changed the rules and when booking onboard you could only do a non refundable deposit and no reduced deposit.  I think since then it has changed again.  Can anyone tell me any of the perks or non perks of booking through NextCruise?  I am looking at a sailing in 2021 and the itinerary should be released right before my cruise in December starts.  If there is a benefit of booking on the ship I would like to take advantage of it.  Thoughts anyone?

13 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

In order to get a reduced deposit, you must book a non-refundable deposit rate.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/next-cruise-onboard-future-booking

Ahhh.. That's what it was.  Thank you. Now even if I book a refundable deposit, don't they still charge me $100 per person to cancel or move a reservation?

Just now, TimeToGetNauti said:

Ahhh.. That's what it was.  Thank you. Now even if I book a refundable deposit, don't they still charge me $100 per person to cancel or move a reservation?

No, if you have a refundable deposit booking you can cancel or move before final payment date without penalty.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TimeToGetNauti said:

Not if you book refundable but then you pay the full deposit

They also have a BOOK LATER option where it reduces the deposit to $200 per person but you have up to a year to decide on your cruise.  If you book within 2 months though, you still get the bonus savings/OBC that NextCruise is offering.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

If you're doing non-refundable you get a smidge of an OBC from booking onboard.  

Just bookmark:  http://www.royalonboardsales.com/#seeoffer and check it before you leave for your cruise so you know what to expect and read the teeny, tiny print.

Thanks for the link. Love this and can check the offers right before I go!

34 minutes ago, FloGaleRNTX said:

Where do you find the prices for the refundable deposits???

Barb

You must go through the entire booking on Royal's website, including entering passenger data, before you get to a page that allows you to select refundable deposit.  Royal really does not want to make it easy to find refundable prices.