Emeral Princess Mini Suite

Northumberland

We are booked on the March 30th cruise to Hawaii and chose a mini suite in order to accommodate 3 adults.  We'll be on Emerald deck 8 port side near the stern of the ship which is above Club Fusion. Looking for anyone who has been stayed in this part of the ship that may have thoughts positive or negative.

Looks like you are on Emerald Princess.  We have stayed many times in those aft deck 8 mini's on Emerald Princess and various other Princess ships too.  Love them.   

Club Fusion stage is on the port side on Emerald.  I think only once did we hear anything - you may hear a bit of bass noise if you are right over the stage.  

The pull out sofa bed on those ships is usually old style - bit bigger than a twin but not quite a double.  Two of the three sofa cushions open up.  Its a thin mattress too.  Also when it is pulled out it mostly blocks the door to the balcony.  Alternatively the fourth is an upper bunk.   

Note there are no privacy curtains between any of the beds but you do have the big shelf unit/desk which provides some separation.  

If you google mini suites you'll find some pictures and videos that show the cabins. 

Enjoy!

Hi, 

I had one of the mini suites on Emerald Deck aft on the Crown Princess and really liked it. The location is very convenient and I never noticed any noise from Club Fusion. Also, I liked the fact that the balcony was covered. On these ships, most of the mini suite balconies are not covered. 

Chuck

8 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Best mini's on the ship. Fully covered balcony.

Have never had any noise issues from CF below.

Better mark your booking "no upgrade" or you may find yourself moved to a higher cat uncovered balcony mini on Dolphin deck.

Great review which makes me feel more confident about our choice. Also, thanks for the suggestion about the "no upgrade". I'll get on it.

We had cabin E730 on the Emerald Princess in May - we had a terrible experience with the noise from  Club Fusion, one night it was still going strong and loud after 1 AM - my husband went down to see what was going on and no one was there.  One night after midnight he went to Customer Service to ask when things would quiet down, they took care of it and told him just to call whenever it continued being loud after midnight, so we tried that, but no one would answer the phone.  We loved the cabin, but would never, ever stay in it again because of the noise.  We were on the ship for three weeks, no idea why our experience was different from everyone else.  We did complain in writing while on the ship and also in our after cruise survey. We did not ask for anything, or expect anything, we just wanted to be able to sleep - never heard back from anyone.

1 hour ago, vantec said:

We had cabin E730 on the Emerald Princess in May - we had a terrible experience with the noise from  Club Fusion, one night it was still going strong and loud after 1 AM - my husband went down to see what was going on and no one was there.  One night after midnight he went to Customer Service to ask when things would quiet down, they took care of it and told him just to call whenever it continued being loud after midnight, so we tried that, but no one would answer the phone.  We loved the cabin, but would never, ever stay in it again because of the noise.  We were on the ship for three weeks, no idea why our experience was different from everyone else.  We did complain in writing while on the ship and also in our after cruise survey. We did not ask for anything, or expect anything, we just wanted to be able to sleep - never heard back from anyone.

Hi, 

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience. I know that E730 is located above the stage in Club Fusion. My mini suite (E727) was located away from the stage. Apparently, the noise level varies among these mini suites depending on their exact location.

Chuck 

Edited by seacruise9

3 hours ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi, 

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience. I know that E730 is located above the stage in Club Fusion. My mini suite (E727) was located away from the stage. Apparently, the noise level varies among these mini suites depending on their exact location.

Chuck 

I would go for E731 and never look back - the balcony is Huge....same size as E730 - see attached picture - this would be E730 - E731 would be reversed - covered with side and aft wiews

37904.jpg

From our experience seacruise9 is correct regarding positioning over the stage. We were in the furthest aft port side mini suite (E728, equivalent to Crown E730) on the Grand. While we did not ever experience any noticeable noise throughout the day or at night while in the room, we did hear the music from the Zumba class every morning.