Regal Princess Bavarian Night HC?

Clampram

It depends on the head chef.  We love love love Bavarian night.  

Every ship we have sailed (see my signature - 2001 to 2019) has had it except Regal when we sailed her in March 2015.  When I enquired of the Head chef during the kitchen demo and tour he said he doesn't do it because its not popular.    He basically brushed me off.   My guess is that its not his thing.  Unfortunately I don't recall his name.  Hopefully someone who has sailed Regal more recently can comment. 

The Bavarian buffet itself will vary - we have found that each chef does it a bit differently - some are more expansive than others. But we have always found it very good.  

Go early though. On most ships they seem to make a limited amount of the food and once its gone, its gone.  (We've gone back for a second snack later in the evening and found it gone!)

Most ships list the buffet theme on the back page of the Patter next to the dinner hours.  Otherwise ask your head waiter in the dining room or ask any of the "tall hat" chefs in the buffet. They can tell you when it will be.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

March 2019 on Regal had a Bavarian Night.  We LOVED the buffet so much we only ate in the main dining room one night.  When we return in December we'll skip the main dining room altogether.  The Italian night was my favourite.  My husband was in seafood heaven EVERY night; always something he loved.

We just got off the Regal this past Sunday.  Yes, they had the Bavarian night - yeah! It was not listed in the Patter and we just happened to run across it one night.  I figured I had missed it and was glad to see it available.  It was close to the end of the cruise and the area was not really "decked out" like I have seen it done on other ships.  It was just part of the regular set up.  Regardless, it was good and I'm glad we found it (we normally eat dinner in the MDR and only check the buffet randomly).

3 hours ago, peanutter said:

We just got off the Regal this past Sunday.  Yes, they had the Bavarian night - yeah! It was not listed in the Patter and we just happened to run across it one night.  . . . 

Do you recall what night it was--or near the beginning or end of the cruise?

A little further in my post I said it was toward the end of the cruise. However, it's probably a moot point as this was the repositioning cruise from NY to FLL. Her upcoming Caribbean cruises will probably be different (assuming length of cruise is shorter) but hoping it will be available.