Heating Pad Medical/Options

bugtyler

30 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Many years ago I bought one in San Juan and brought it on board.  No problems. 

That may have been fine many years ago.  See the FAQ below.  I would go with what Host Calerea aka Bob said and contact special needs.

From the FAQ....

Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. Matches and normal lighteners are allowed onboard. However ""torch lighters"" and novelty lighters that look like guns are not allowed onboard. Torch lighters emit a powerful concentrated flame, and therefore are prohibited.

1 minute ago, gatour said:

That may have been fine many years ago.  See the FAQ below.  I would go with what Host Calerea aka Bob said and contact special needs.

From the FAQ....

Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. Matches and normal lighteners are allowed onboard. However ""torch lighters"" and novelty lighters that look like guns are not allowed onboard. Torch lighters emit a powerful concentrated flame, and therefore are prohibited.

You're probably correct. 

On our last cruise I worked with Special Needs and, through them, the ship's electrician.  They allowed me to bring my heating pad as long as it had an automatic shutoff feature, which was verified when I checked in onboard.  I wanted to bring my pad as it was the perfect size for my needs.  They also provided an extension cord.  I was impressed with their responsiveness.

• Like 1