Booking Spa before hand

grandelli502

I use the spa quite a bit. Prices are higher than at home, to be expected.

Canyon Ranch  has been mixed . I prefer the spa on EDGE run by Steiner but Equinox will have CR.  I usually book anyhow...basic massage and facial. I tell my person, I  do not want to buy products...so don't need an upsell at the end.!

I look on the Cruise planner on my computer for port pricing specials ( ship must be in port) .  You can use OBC or credit card to prepay.  Print out all paperwork and confirm appt and price on board. 

If you wait til you board some appts will be taken, but they usually offer specials in the daily...If you do that, get the booking details and prices in writing!

Enjoy!   The thermal suites ( have to buy a pass if not in AQ class),  and Solarium are very nice.

• Thanks 1

We have signed up for massages on a spring sailing of Reflection.  Having NEVER had a massage or been to a spa what preparatory advise would any seasoned spa expert offer??  We are scheduled for the first day at sea to hopefully begin a relaxing cruise!

10 hours ago, Julybaby9757 said:

We have signed up for massages on a spring sailing of Reflection.  Having NEVER had a massage or been to a spa what preparatory advise would any seasoned spa expert offer??  We are scheduled for the first day at sea to hopefully begin a relaxing cruise!

Remember that they want you to have a good massage as much as you do. Everyone is different in terms of the amount of pressure they like and the spots of their body  they are comfortable with being touched. Your therapist isn't going to know what your preferences are unless you speak up. Every time I've had a massage they asked me beforehand if there's any areas I want them to focus on or avoid; and even if they don't, if you aren't comfortable with say having your gluteus or pectoral muscles massaged or your face touched be sure to tell them. Also, once the massage starts if it either feels like someone applying sunscreen or are torturing you, then the pressure just needs to be adjusted. I know one person who got a couples massages and decided she hated massages because they hurt. I talked her into giving it one more try and just telling the therapist that she wanted light pressure and she enjoyed it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hcat said:

Canyon Ranch  has been mixed . I prefer the spa on EDGE run by Steiner but Equinox will have CR.  I usually book anyhow...basic massage and facial. I tell my person, I  do not want to buy products...so don't need an upsell at the end.!

I look on the Cruise planner on my computer for port pricing specials ( ship must be in port) .  You can use OBC or credit card to prepay.  Print out all paperwork and confirm appt and price on board. 

If you wait til you board some appts will be taken, but they usually offer specials in the daily...If you do that, get the booking details and prices in writing!

Enjoy!   The thermal suites ( have to buy a pass if not in AQ class),  and Solarium are very nice.

Thank you so much! 

On 10/22/2019 at 5:26 PM, hcat said:

Do you happen to know what the cost for the Thermal Suites on the Edge will run daily?  It looks really interesting

On 10/22/2019 at 10:20 PM, Julybaby9757 said:

Hydrate before and after...dress comfortably..be prepared to take off your clothes other than undies, leave jewelry in the safe.  Enjoy!

2 hours ago, CruznTheWorld said:

Do you happen to know what the cost for the Thermal Suites on the Edge will run daily?  It looks really interesting

Check the Cruise Planner..for daily or full cruise pass.  It is pricey but a very nice area...very clean ..  

There are usually port day specials, so I wait till I am on board to book. Never had a bad experience on any ship. But the prices are outrageous. I only use when I have lots of nonrefundable OBC from the cruise line. Definately tell the therapist what you don't want touched. And if the pressure is too hard or not solid enough speak up immeditately. 

Btw...The Cruise Planner now has the Port Pricing appts online..I believe..but not sure that   you can use OBC  or credit card.

I prebook to get the best  times for  the port special.price..but the daily will also have various specials and combos during the cruise....

38 minutes ago, hcat said:

Btw...The Cruise Planner now has the Port Pricing appts online..I believe..but not sure that   you can use OBC  or credit card.

I prebook to get the best  times for  the port special.price..but the daily will also have various specials and combos during the cruise....

I don't think you can OBC pre cruise to book Canyon Ranch. I get the following msg:

Shipboard credit may not be used for online pre booking

Besides the spa services being way overpriced, be prepared for them trying to sell you expensive products. They will tell you you have some sort of "problem" that their products will help. Also, be sure to check if they have already added the gratuity onto the bill. The spa area is usually very nice though.

Sorry about not being able to use OBC for CR.. I guess they are not very cruiser friendly!

I always mention up front that I have all the products I need and won't  need to buy any. Helps avoid the sales pitch disguised as analysis.

I actually  prefer the Elemis line to CR products, and I  buy those online...good prices, discounts and often free shipping,