Reservations for teppanyaki for 3 people

Katsumom

We are a family of three  and would like to book one of our specialty dinners at Teppanyaki.  The problem is they take reservations for 2 or 4 people. Anyone have ideas on how we can reserve before getting on board?

TIA

11 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

Reserve for 4 and as soon as you get onboard the ship, go to restaurant reservations and change it to 3.

Will they refund me for the extra person since I need to pay at booking time?

56 minutes ago, Katsumom said:

We are a family of three  and would like to book one of our specialty dinners at Teppanyaki.  The problem is they take reservations for 2 or 4 people. Anyone have ideas on how we can reserve before getting on board?

TIA

Wow — Is this true on all ships? We’re a family of 3 and are planning to eat at Teppanyaki on Epic in April. 

9 hours ago, LisaLisa87 said:

Wow — Is this true on all ships? We’re a family of 3 and are planning to eat at Teppanyaki on Epic in April. 

It’s a quirk in their online booking system. You may be able to call and reserve 3 only. You can certainly reserve for 3 on the ship but the times you want may be sold out. We did the reserve 4 and cancel 1 method and it worked fine. If you have a dining package you don’t have to pre-pay upfront.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sanger727 said:

It’s a quirk in their online booking system. You may be able to call and reserve 3 only. You can certainly reserve for 3 on the ship but the times you want may be sold out. We did the reserve 4 and cancel 1 method and it worked fine. If you have a dining package you don’t have to pre-pay upfront.

Thanks for the info. We have the 3-night package, but wouldn’t we have to pay for the fictional 4th person? I’ll try calling and see if we can reserve for 3. 

40 minutes ago, LisaLisa87 said:

Thanks for the info. We have the 3-night package, but wouldn’t we have to pay for the fictional 4th person? I’ll try calling and see if we can reserve for 3. 

If you have a dining package, make your reservation for four at Teppanyaki first and you shouldn't have to pay for the fictional person.  Just make sure you cancel upon boarding the ship.

1 hour ago, LaCal said:

I tried calling and they couldn’t book the reservation for 3 

Booked for 4 and I’ll just cancel 1 once onboard 

Unfortunately, they can not override the computer's numbers.  I've been trying with the pre-Concierge for years to no avail.

I agree with NLH Arizona to just book 4 and revise at the restaurant booking desk once on board.  This worked fine on the Escape last week.  I also agree with LaCal, if you have the SDP you should not be charged in advance.  I've also noted at times that you can book certain times in advance on-line, but only for 1 person.  Since the minimum table size in most settings is for 2, if you are a couple it will be fine.  While you can revise to 2 on-board, the Escape crew advised that this was not necessary.

3 hours ago, LisaLisa87 said:

If you have the dining package you can book for as many people as you want without paying anything.

The system has no idea who you are booking for, so just assumes they all also have the package if you do.

1 hour ago, KeithJenner said:

If you have the dining package you can book for as many people as you want without paying anything.

The system has no idea who you are booking for, so just assumes they all also have the package if you do.

Interesting. Thanks for the comments, everyone. Based on my experience pre-booking dinners on other cruise lines, it's new to me that NCL will let you book for more people than are in your party. Whatever works, though! I'll make the res for 4 and cancel the 4th when we board.

Yeah we are a family of 6 and I had to book 2 and 4. I called and they can’t put them together. They said when we get on we have to go to the restaurant ASAP  and ask them to seat us together. I hope they can as we have 4 kids. So weird as some restaurants take reservations for 6 

17 hours ago, LisaLisa87 said:

Interesting. Thanks for the comments, everyone. Based on my experience pre-booking dinners on other cruise lines, it's new to me that NCL will let you book for more people than are in your party. Whatever works, though! I'll make the res for 4 and cancel the 4th when we board.

well, for example. On our last cruise we had two rooms, one with two people and one with one person. We were friends so made our bookings with the same TA but they were separate. Luckily they do let you make reservations for as many as you want so I could make them for us to eat together.