Spa Mini-Suite Upgrade

cruisingiwish

It depends on when you get the upgrade. If you can call and cancel the passes before your cruise, it will go back on your credit card. If you are too late to cancel before they close reservations, then it will be an onboard credit. 

There are only 20ish spa minis. There are [many] hundreds of bids for the unoccupied rooms. The probability of getting the upgrade is very small. 

On 10/27/2019 at 4:57 AM, cruisingiwish said:

If spa passes are already purchased and then upgrade bid for a spa mini-suite is accepted, how   are you able to get refund for purchased passes? Will refund be credited to credit card used for purchase?  Or, will NCL only refund as on-board credit? 

We got ours refunded for a Spa Haven Suite but we ended up paying the difference about 10 days prior to sailing rather than winning a bid. 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 7:57 AM, cruisingiwish said:

If spa passes are already purchased and then upgrade bid for a spa mini-suite is accepted, how   are you able to get refund for purchased passes? Will refund be credited to credit card used for purchase?  Or, will NCL only refund as on-board credit? 

You might want to call to confirm... I remember reading that some of the perks of upgraded stateroom categories don't apply through the Upgrade Advantage program.  So before you cancel, you should call and talk to someone behind the scenes!

3 hours ago, tandc2019 said:

You might want to call to confirm... I remember reading that some of the perks of upgraded stateroom categories don't apply through the Upgrade Advantage program.  So before you cancel, you should call and talk to someone behind the scenes!

The spa passes that come with a "spa" cabin are nto perks, they are like the butler in a suite. If you have a "spa" cabin you have spa access.

I've been upgraded twice and it always works that way.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tandc2019 said:

This is totally incorrect. A spa cabin comes with spa passes. Has nothing to do with perks. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

This is totally incorrect. A spa cabin comes with spa passes. Has nothing to do with perks. 

I agree that the spa cabin comes with spa passes.  However, the Upgrade Advantage verbiage is not clear as to what's considered a perk and it does mention that perks are not awarded with upgrades.  I was stating that if you want 100% assurance, simply call NCL.

27 minutes ago, tandc2019 said:

I agree that the spa cabin comes with spa passes.  However, the Upgrade Advantage verbiage is not clear as to what's considered a perk and it does mention that perks are not awarded with upgrades.  I was stating that if you want 100% assurance, simply call NCL.

A spa cabin comes with spa passes. It is not a perk. It is a class of room. Just like a Haven cabin comes with a butler. Doesn’t matter if was a purchased room, paid upgrade, advantage upgrade, or comped room, you get a butler.