Live From The Meraviglia New York to Miami 28th October

nikkiw60

Please forgive my ignorance - but is there a way to zoom in on the menus and dailies?  When I do so, the image is just too blurry to read.  Is it me or is it just the images?  I understand that Nikki does not want to use up all their data while posting these live, so I am by no means complaining - just curious whether or not I am perhaps missing something.

Enjoying your live report very much Nikki!  3 weeks until our cruise on her. 🛳️

11 hours ago, nikkiw60 said:

Well done Meraviglia with your invites. Another fail! We left our cabin this morning at 11.15 to find an envelope on the door with an invite to the welcome back cocktail party... today at 10.30 am...it want there last night!

We had the same issue! If Bea hadn't knocked on for us we'd never have made it. 

We didn't have any wifi offers on board. Incidentally we had no connection issues with our pre purchased package. 

A couple of questions. Do they have a small fold-out book with the schematic of the ship showing all of the deck plans? We received one on the armonia. And on the Divina.

Also, can you take a picture of the sign that gives the prices if you want to use the top 17 deck? We were just on the armonia and if you did not purchase one of the experiences you were still able to rent a lounge chair or a cabana for a day or half a day. The price is varied whether you were in port or it was a sea day. Would really appreciate it as we board on November 10th!

Thank you in advance.

8 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

We didn't have any wifi offers on board. Incidentally we had no connection issues with our pre purchased package. 

I have decided to buy the updated package which was on offer as my posts are eating the data!

14 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

CF ... Not sure of your vc level but Black card or Diamond usually get a 20% discount onboard for WiFi.

15 hours ago, travelwide said:

A couple of questions. Do they have a small fold-out book with the schematic of the ship showing all of the deck plans? We received one on the armonia. And on the Divina.

Also, can you take a picture of the sign that gives the prices if you want to use the top 17 deck? We were just on the armonia and if you did not purchase one of the experiences you were still able to rent a lounge chair or a cabana for a day or half a day. The price is varied whether you were in port or it was a sea day. Would really appreciate it as we board on November 10th!

Thank you in advance.

We haven’t seen a sign with a price to go to the Aurea deck it just says for Aurea guests only.  Will have a look for the fold out maps but again not seen any. Also no cabanas just sun beds.

1 hour ago, sidari said:

CF ... Not sure of your vc level but Black card or Diamond usually get a 20% discount onboard for WiFi.

I think it could have been an offer, anyway Inhave upgraded to it but in doing so lost my original package.. and I don’t think the WiFi is as good as we have experienced on Divina or Seaside as I have said I am practically eating it!

Nikki ... Do you log out each time you use it ? On Divina last Xmas we got WiFi included so my other half used that on her phone while I bought the top package and got the 20% discount, once the included WiFi ran out we both used the package that I bought.

Edited by sidari

Last night we decided to go to Ocean Cay using the dining package we were able to use our deluxe drinks package in there which was good.

I went a little of piste by asking if they would switch the gnocchi to spaghetti with my octopus and they did without any problem. This restaurant is over staffed !!!
The service was very good and so was the food.

Also last night there was a Halloween party we didn’t join in as couldn’t get near the front lots of passengers had taken outfits a big shout out especially to the air crew...

8B3007ED-3E66-4B29-A4F0-3253F8A59503.jpeg

9B2CF0E9-59B3-4333-814D-868D505B2B9B.jpeg

9C8A3930-E364-409A-AE85-F45C340B9904.jpeg

262E628E-B0C6-4110-99EA-9236187923AD.jpeg

EC07076A-EC51-43F5-8841-7FE5CCCFA89E.jpeg

88C8D222-4704-448F-99D4-9801564DB44C.jpeg

AEFD1CD9-F7E1-4F28-95A9-2D9367A465BF.jpeg

75A6286D-F967-4138-AC09-0B7CCD545719.jpeg

0154E73F-23F1-421B-B9B5-EB2ADDF85EC8.jpeg

2 minutes ago, sidari said:

Nikki ... Do you log out each time you use it ? On Divina last Xmas we got WiFi included so my other half used that on her phone while I bought the top package and got the 20% discount, once the included WiFi ran out we both used the package that I bought.

Yes I am doing that but as an example the post I have just done with the pictures was over 1.2mb!

9 minutes ago, nikkiw60 said:

We haven’t seen a sign with a price to go to the Aurea deck it just says for Aurea guests only.  Will have a look for the fold out maps but again not seen any. Also no cabanas just sun beds.

Matt just said they do have the fold out maps on reception.

Thank you for your quick reply. Good to know they have the fold-out maps. Wonder why they don't sell access by the day to the private area. Oh well. We'll just cope with it. 8 days to go. Really looking forward to the meraviglia experience.

On 10/31/2019 at 3:56 PM, nikkiw60 said:

For anyone who has pre paid wifi annoyingly this offer is available on board!

51843CE5-E50A-429E-8869-B4F2B3FC35B5.png

We were on the previous cruise to this one and this offer was not available then. Its a good offer. We had pre paid for a wifi package but when we got on board it had not been activated and when i connected the only options were to buy a package.. It took some time to convince reception that it was them and not me being thick. The solution was to buy another package on board with the purchase price being refunded - which  was eventually refunded but it took 4 more visits to reception to get it done. 

Nooooo! 
The rugby World Cup final was advertised as being on ESPN 1 at 4.45am this morning....

Alarms set for 5.00am......

That channel has been available every other morning! It even showed live Man Utd versus Chelsea....

Breakfast buffet!

For anyone who likes flavoured coffee they have 3 flavoured creamers also if you want an omelette the station at the back is the quietest.

And for toast it is pre made so toasted properly unlike the toasters you need to put the bread through 3 times but it’s not warm.

Finally they have roasted ham with is rather nice on the carving stations.

image.jpg

2 minutes ago, Wor1dTrave11er said:

Do the buffet bars have cappuccino or specialty coffee/chocolate drinks available for breakfast? Or is this only available in the liqour bars elsewhere?

Will check for you.

On 11/2/2019 at 2:26 PM, Wor1dTrave11er said:

Do the buffet bars have cappuccino or specialty coffee/chocolate drinks available for breakfast? Or is this only available in the liqour bars elsewhere?

The coffee machine at the bar in the buffet.

D3935136-7CC2-4E83-AEAE-AB63605A9B03.jpeg