House Select Wine Package

CabinBoy2020

Sailco;

The Package one has doesn’t affect service, it only affects what, when, and where you can drink on the Package.

The House Select Package is only for beer and wine at lunch and dinner. In the GDR and the Specialties one will find the service typically excellent and on the Package be served all they typically want. The Terrace is a different story, but that in itself is another story.

As to my other point, I don’t find it untoward that Oceania limits the House Package to a degree. Waves, for instance, is open for lunch from 12:00-16:00. One can order and eat their meal and have adult beverages on the Package. What they can’t do it take a table at 12:00 and sit there for 4 hours consuming beer or wine, while feigning eating, on the House Package. Same goes for Terrace patio deck at dinner.  If that’s what you want to do, then buy the Prestige Package.

Several people have said that it's best to just bring your own wine on board which I'd love to do.  However Oceania's literature says we're only allowed to bring on board three bottles/cabin and any bottles purchased onshore are included in the 3.  But comments were made that Oceania unofficially allows you to bring more than 3 aboard.  So what is the real deal? 

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Avant42 said:

Several people have said that it's best to just bring your own wine on board which I'd love to do.  However Oceania's literature says we're only allowed to bring on board three bottles/cabin and any bottles purchased onshore are included in the 3.  But comments were made that Oceania unofficially allows you to bring more than 3 aboard.  So what is the real deal? 

Thanks!

the unofficial policy

as long as you do not abuse it  you will be fine

On 11/1/2019 at 10:38 AM, LHT28 said:

the unofficial policy

as long as you do not abuse it  you will be fine

The recent policy ups it to 6 bottles , but apparently some people have had even more bottles aboard when they have cruised; I don't know the details.  Also, don"t forget there is a $25 corkage fee in the restaurants.  No fee if you drink with room service in your room.

1 minute ago, babysteps said:

@Clutj and @LHT28 your room service might even consist solely of wine glasses and nothing else (last time we did that was a few years ago, but they happily delivered glasses as requested).

I never order room service

If we take a bottle of wine for our cabin we ask the housekeeping staff for wine glasses .. no problem

• Thanks 1