Purchasing a bottle of wine at the steakhouse restaurant?

Victory!

Newbie here! We will have dinner at the steakhouse on sea day. I received an email that said there would be a special that evening  (50%off) on wine purchased that night. If we buy a bottle ( or 2) of wine (it’s just two of us) what happens if we can’t finish it off? Can it be served to us in the MDR?

We do this all the time.  We usually by 4 or 5 at 50% off. We just ask them to keep them  on our account and have them served in the main dinning room thru out the cruise. We just tell the waiter we bought several bottle in the steak house. 

We do MTD and even with different wait staff we never have had a issue getting our wine. Even unfinished bottles are kept for the next night so no worries about trying to finish 

A few times we ask for one of the bottles to take back to the cabin.  But we usually have our 2 carry on bottles there so we usually don't take it. 

Wow! Thanks for the information. I want to make sure I understand correctly, if we don’t finish a bottle they may let us take it back you the cabin? That would be great!

I don’t know much about this at all, so if I purchase it in the steakhouse and never touch it, then go to the MDR the next day and ask for it, I won’t be charged again? Are they finding the purchase and seeing it as unused with my S&S card?

I believe they tag it with your rm number. 
But yes they have it in the dining room and no they don’t charge you again. 
 I will say that any bottle I carried out of a restaurant I took to the cabin. I never carried a bottle into a restaurant that I took out. Never needed too. 
However we did take what was left from dinner plus glasses with us to movies under the stars and enjoyed wine and a movie

• Like 1

The above poster is correct once your purchase has been completed, the staff will keep the wine for you. It can be delivered in the main dining room, just notify your wait staff member, and yes they record your folio number and room number. The bottles can be carried out of the restaurant if you so choose.

• Thanks 1

This offer is if you eat in the Steakhouse either the first night or the first formal night which most often is the first sea day. There is always some discussion as to whether it applies to only the purchase of one bottle or several bottles - people have experienced both scenarios. 

11 hours ago, Victory! said:

Newbie here! We will have dinner at the steakhouse on sea day. I received an email that said there would be a special that evening  (50%off) on wine purchased that night. If we buy a bottle ( or 2) of wine (it’s just two of us) what happens if we can’t finish it off? Can it be served to us in the MDR?

We bring our wine back to the cabin, always the second bottle, because the first bottle did not survive

• Haha 1