Seaside yacht club menus

luvbeaches5

Hi all!

We are sailing in January on the Seaside and I was wondering if anyone has any recent menus for the YC dining room. 

We are not fish lovers and from what I have gathered on other posts, it seems that there is mostly fish on the menus.

I was in the yacht club a couple of years ago and the menu was varied at that time.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

2 hours ago, luvbeaches5 said:

Hi all!

We are sailing in January on the Seaside and I was wondering if anyone has any recent menus for the YC dining room. 

We are not fish lovers and from what I have gathered on other posts, it seems that there is mostly fish on the menus.

I was in the yacht club a couple of years ago and the menu was varied at that time.

We sailed March and June and June had the new menu.  Yes, more seafood type items.  I'm not fond of the new menu.  I might have some pictures but from looking at the couple posts on the Meraviglia YC threads the last couple weeks those menus looked very similar. 

ETA - had lasagna first day for lunch thinking it would be more traditional but nope, some fancied up dish cut into small circles and not that good or very big.

Edited by dexddd

Do not know if actually more seafood or just a limited menu..

My husband does not do seafood either. We are older and like are food more traditional. Their menu is very fancy.

Not saying that is a bad thing as it appeals to many. There is an every day menu that is simple.

So on our last Seaside cruise...we checked out the menu in the main dining room.  The menu for Italian night was right up our alley, so we inquired about it. Seems all you have to do is inform the YC concierge that you want to eat in the main dining room that night. He calls down & you are all set. You have to enter on a certain deck.

My husband had a wonderful soup and chicken parmesan just the way he likes it. Marinara sauce/.breaded chicken patty with lots of melted mozzarella on top, spaghetti on the side. I know this sounds like a typical dish you would get in an Italian restaurant but NOT in the yacht club restaurant.

Even though it has been just over a month, I cannot remember what I had although I remember liking it. My memory is stuck on the appetizer, fried calamari rings. I almost ordered a double portion because it is my favorite but did not. Good thing because they brought me at least triple what I would have gotten on any other ship. They were fantastic. Again, I guess that would be considered to 'common' to be able to get in the YC restaurant. AND they had Italian music and the waiters did a parade, something you will not see in the Yacht Club.

Although some say you just tell the waiter what you want while in the yc and they will get it for you...that is not so. They want 24 hour advance notice. If you insist, they will but the kitchen is on a different level AND they have to have someone fetch it for you. Not fair to them & if you think your dish will be hot, think again.

If I recall correctly the menus are identical or very similar throughout the fleet. We sailed on MSC Seaview (Western Med), MSC Bellissima (Western Med) and MSC Meraviglia (Baltic Sea) and had similar menus in Yacht Club. Yes, including ‘Rollmops’ for breakfast.

The Yacht Club menus are posted in a sticky thread and show a balanced selection of meat, fish, chicken, vegetable and pasta dishes. In addition they offer ‘Always Available’ entrees (Salmon, Chicken Breast, Beef Filet).

16 hours ago, luvbeaches5 said:

Hi all!

There is a sticky at the top of the page Jazzbeau has done for YC menus

Thank you all for your replies.

Yes, I did read the thread regarding the YC menus, but it seemed to be menus from the Seaview. It was my hope that the menus weren't fleet wide. But, judging from your responses, alas, this seems to be the case.

You also answered another question that I had on my mind, that being if we can just order something from the main dining room to be delivered to the yacht club restaurant.

I am hoping the menu will be more traditional by the time we sail, one can always hope! 

In any case, we love the Seaside and will have a wonderful time, regardless (would have still preferred the menu that we had in the yacht club last year 😢).

4 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Looking at Host Jazz's posting those look very similar to what we had in June on Seaside.

Our cruises were Jan/Feb and April talking to crew on Meraviglia they have/are changing due to new VP of food

Edited by emmas gran