Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
jka

Rangiroa - the Blue Lagoon? Possible from the ship?

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

We're interested in a tour of the Blue Lagoon during our day in Rangiroa.  We're there from 8 - 5 but always like to be on board a few minutes early.  The one tour I found said - no cruise ship passengers.  Anyone have any suggestions of vendors that would take cruise passengers?

 

Thanks,

Nancy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jka said:

Hello,

 

We're interested in a tour of the Blue Lagoon during our day in Rangiroa.  We're there from 8 - 5 but always like to be on board a few minutes early.  The one tour I found said - no cruise ship passengers.  Anyone have any suggestions of vendors that would take cruise passengers?

 

Thanks,

Nancy

 

Yes but there are some difficulties both reaching the provider and in getting a confirmation. Maybe the one tour you found was

with Pa'ati? It is supposed to be wonderful but the communication was very spotty. We were told we could get confirmation with 4 passengers and when I found others I never heard from Pa'ati again. But here is the email- it's supposed to be wonderful. Not a lot of snorkeling but beautiful scenery and a 1+ hour ride to and from. revaultleon@mail.pf

We're subsequently doing our 4th trip doing the Aquarium and Tiputa Pass in April. It's the same old same old but always enjoyable.

Nancy

Edited by Petoonya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have done it ..... rough ride and you must not be afraid of walking around a bunch of sharks  ...

 

Do an internet search using the key words: Tereva tane e vahine excursions Rangiroa

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your response.  What else do you suggest doing there?  It looks beautiful but not sure about it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Petoonya said:

 

Yes but there are some difficulties both reaching the provider and in getting a confirmation. Maybe the one tour you found was

with Pa'ati? It is supposed to be wonderful but the communication was very spotty. We were told we could get confirmation with 4 passengers and when I found others I never heard from Pa'ati again. But here is the email- it's supposed to be wonderful. Not a lot of snorkeling but beautiful scenery and a 1+ hour ride to and from. revaultleon@mail.pf

We're subsequently doing our 4th trip doing the Aquarium and Tiputa Pass in April. It's the same old same old but always enjoyable.

Nancy

The aquarium and Tiputa Pass are other snorkeling spots?  Do you use a particular vendor?  Thank you for responding!

 

Nancy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jka said:

The aquarium and Tiputa Pass are other snorkeling spots?  Do you use a particular vendor?  Thank you for responding!

 

Nancy

Have used several vendors over the years for the Aquarium and Tiputa Pass most recently Rangiroa Plongee, Y Aka Plongee, and the 6 Passengers. They were all good for different reasons. This next April we're using 6 Passengers as they only required four passengers to confirm.

 

About the Blue Lagoon tour not wanting to take cruise passengers....we had a problem two years ago where the tide was going out much faster than predicted . The ship was Oceania Serena and the captain sent out the word that all needed to board the ship an hour earlier or the ship would have difficulty departing. Maybe that's why  the Blue Lagoon tour doesn't want cruise passengers. As it was the Blue Lagoon passengers just made it to the ship in time. It's a long day.

Edited by Petoonya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...