Need Quick Info re: Steamers

Hi All:  

My daughter and her boyfriend are in Miami preparing to board Navigator of the Seas tomorrow. She just mentioned to me that they brought a steamer and a power strip with them! Sure wish they would’ve asked me about that first. Does anybody have any experience with this? I assume that if they spot them on the x-ray  that they will confiscate them and return them the last night of the cruise but I’m looking for anyone with  personal experience with this issue. 

Is there any possibility that they will confiscate them and not return them? I’ve never heard that but I want to double check for them. Any thoughts appreciated!

thanks!

9 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

What does the steamer look like?  If it looks like an iron then it will likely be confiscated.  If not, then they may not have a problem.  Eitherway, as said, they'll get it back after the cruise.  

I don’t know exactly what it looks like, but she said it was large and will probably be very visible. But I appreciate the reassurance that they’ll get it back!

• Like 1

We’ll be onboard with them as well!  I’ve definitely seen numerous steamers and power strips confiscated over the years.  If it does happen, I’ve found running the shower very hot for a few minutes with the bathroom door closed and hanging items somewhere in the bathroom really helps out quite a bit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, iahawkfan21 said:

We’ll be onboard with them as well!  I’ve definitely seen numerous steamers and power strips confiscated over the years.  If it does happen, I’ve found running the shower very hot for a few minutes with the bathroom door closed and hanging items somewhere in the bathroom really helps out quite a bit.

Well if you see a really pretty blonde girl and a good looking tall dark-haired guy, in wrinkled clothes, say hi from me! 🤣

Thanks,

Cathy