Way to find cabin number with revamped website?

First you need to go to the Fun Pass logon screen. You will need your booking # and then it will also ask for your last name, ship, & sail date. After you login there, it will take you to the Screen to begin filling out your fun pass. Go to the bottom area of that screen and choose to send a gift. Go through the steps to begin sending yourself a gift and on one of the screens it will pull up your booking # AND room #.

(If you just try to send a gift from the website without logging in completely, it won't show your #)

Yoru funpass must be filled out and completed.

go to carnival web page...scroll to the bottom click on funpass. Fill out the information that is needed.. after you hit submit-- gives you two options click on view gifts.. add anything at all to your cart..then scroll down.

You will not be charged until youput in CC information..

if you are set you will see a cabin number.

Please note that the majority of cabins do not get set until 45 days out. Sometimes (rare it gets set before then)

these cabins can also change before you get onboard.

I will ask nicely not to tie up the site as that is what happened with the various methods before..people were tying up the carnival server. Wait til it gets closer to your date.

In the years I been posting carnival came up with 5 different methods to check.

If you have your individual booking number. (no group numbers) You can just go to gifts and start to purchase it will ask booking number and stateroom number. Get a deck plan and start putting in cabin numbers. It takes a while but if it is assigned when you get the right number your name and cruise date will pop up.

We have 5 couples cruising with us. I found all of our staterooms 60 days out using this method. Without logging in on Carnivals site.

Go to MY Cruise page or click on my reservation...then click on modify booking...all of your info comes up...no need to modify ...just exit out.

We cruise in 83 days...our cabin was assigned on 1/25...

And yes, I do know that you have to book what you expect...but we did not get an upgrade. Booked 8a...got 8a...very disappointed as this is our 15th ccl cruise and the first time we booked an 8agty. I have seen others on the same sailing get upgraded to the verandah deck...us...not one little deck...

The good thing is at least it is in a good location and not all the way forward!

There are a lot of cat 11's left...maybe they will upgrade us at the last minute....don't really think so. The other good thing is...we have a balcony...that's really all we were expecting... I just feel like we were left out..

The other thing that I was wondering about was why would they assign them so early when there are so many cat 11's left?

Why doesn't Carnival make it *easy* to see the assigned cabin, rather than resorting to jumping through hoops? Either show us straight away, or don't show it anywhere if it is such a secret!

Because if they need to change the cabin--because someone wants to book that cabin the people would surely get pi$$ed off.

A bit ago carnival had a modify page that was accessible to anyone. Most times the price was either higher or lower compared to what people were paying and they started bit*hing....so guess what.. the only people that can access it is people who booked through Carnival since the price is across the board.

Go to MY Cruise page or click on my reservation...then click on modify booking...all of your info comes up...no need to modify ...just exit out.?

this only works if you booked through Carnival directly. People who booked using a agent will not have the link for modifying.

You said your cruise is over 80 days out and your cabin is set?? kinda makes me wonder if the agent jsut didnt book you into a direct cabin-- i would call him and tell him you want a guarantee status.

But this post jsut proves my theory even more. The earlier you book the cheaper your cruise. THe people who paid more will get upgraded before you do.

As far as getting the suites... the people who are booking a balcony guarantee today will probably get those suites. whats the sailing charging today compared to what you booked?

If you have your individual booking number. (no group numbers) You can just go to gifts and start to purchase it will ask booking number and stateroom number. Get a deck plan and start putting in cabin numbers. It takes a while but if it is assigned when you get the right number your name and cruise date will pop up.

We have 5 couples cruising with us. I found all of our staterooms 60 days out using this method. Without logging in on Carnivals site.

Did you cruise yet? and were they indeed your cabin?

I did this for my Legend cruise and found I was moved 4 times before I was actually given what I booked..a 6A. was awesome because I kept getting upgrades. then 2 weeks before we sailed..there i was...in coeanview cabin. sigh. They have to park you somewhere til its set.

That seems like a lot of work and time!!:eek:

Thanks for the tip! Tried it out and found my cabin!

Yes it potentially could. I did it fairly swiftly as I took a few educated guesses where to start. Besides I spend a considerable amount of time doing all the planning for my group.

It is really a lot of fun "finding" your cabin after booking 8-9 months earlier.

More fun making an announcement at a gathering of the group.

And....You asked if there was another way.

Did you cruise yet? and were they indeed your cabin?

No, I have yet to Cruise. 25 days and counting. Luckily, 3 for 3 cruises and my assignment has stuck.

While guarentee "upgrades" are purely subjective. I beleive that booking early has something to do with the equation. First Cruise on Legend was 4A. Ended up on the Verandah deck. On the Glory, booked 8A. Assigned to a fantastic location on Verandah deck. This coming Cruise on the Legend we are in a nice location on Panorama deck.

So far...so good. I know the "house" has the advantage but I fly under the radar.

While guarentee "upgrades" are purely subjective. I beleive that booking early has something to do with the equation. First Cruise on Legend was 4A. Ended up on the Verandah deck. On the Glory, booked 8A. Assigned to a fantastic location on Verandah deck. This coming Cruise on the Legend we are in a nice location on Panorama deck.

So far...so good. I know the "house" has the advantage but I fly under the radar.

See, Daan I too know tht upgradingis purely subjective but I dont believe that booking early gets upgrades. (thenit depends onwhat early is to you compared to early for me is over a year out. Coz the way I see it--- the early youbook the lower the price. People who book closer to the date get upgraded first. Booked my first four cruises as upgrades..never got an upgrade..not even one deck. But we paid a very cheap pricee over a year before the cruise,

Today-- I no longer like taking the chance- so i book set cabins. guarantees didnt work for me.

this only works if you booked through Carnival directly. People who booked using a agent will not have the link for modifying.

You said your cruise is over 80 days out and your cabin is set?? kinda makes me wonder if the agent jsut didnt book you into a direct cabin-- i would call him and tell him you want a guarantee status.

But this post jsut proves my theory even more. The earlier you book the cheaper your cruise. THe people who paid more will get upgraded before you do.

As far as getting the suites... the people who are booking a balcony guarantee today will probably get those suites. whats the sailing charging today compared to what you booked?

Our cruise is 4/29/06 and it was assigned on 1/25/06. I wasn't checking the website that early but we got an update in the mail showing the cabin number. Then I checked the website. We booked through CCL using a PVP. Our original booking info showed 8agty. But now the paperwork does not show gty anymore . It shows 8a and then cabin number. Is it possible that our PVP asked for that assignment? We did book fairly early...about six months ago. The price at that time for the 8Agty was $949 for past guests and $979 for everyone else. That price stuck up until the 8a's weren't showing available anymore. At that time they were also having a 2 cat upgrade sale...didn't get that either. Two days after we booked, there was the sale that gave $100pp shipboard credit. Then there was another sale of 150 pp off. I sent our pvp an e-mail and she said that the price we got was better....NOT...I priced it when the sale was going on. I don't think there are any more gtys available. Also, I am seeing on the roll call for our date that another person was assigned their cabin ( I guess that means that the pvp didn't change it). They were upgraded to verandah. I sent the pvp an e-mail expressing our disappointment but she hasn't e-mailed me back yet. Maybe she is on that Freedom seminar!

That's my point! It takes a lot of time to get the info, but it is available and Carnival surely knows that. Why not either plug the holes and really hide it (if it is really all that secret), or just show it with the other sailing info as soon as you log in?

My guess is they would rather hide it completely, but changing the website is too much work to bother with. But anyone with enough sense to come on these boards and ask will find out how to do it. So they might as well make it easy. Again, probably, changing the website is too much work to bother with.

cruzn buckeye

Its VERY rare that cabins are set before final payment. It seems your agent did not do well with you at all.. For booking early you got big time penalties. When the upgrade sale happened you should have been able to upupgrade -unless it was for first time bookings only.. If the price was higher you would have had to pay the difference.

For our liberty cruise they did have the 2 cat upgrade..but it would have cost me 80 more per person--thts 160 to go up 3 decks.

The people who were upgraded to the verandah deck -- they probably paid more then you-- how long ago did they book? How is the sailing selling? if its almsot sold out there isnt much to do.

How much is a cat 8a today

Our cruise is 4/29/06 and it was assigned on 1/25/06. I wasn't checking the website that early but we got an update in the mail showing the cabin number. Then I checked the website. We booked through CCL using a PVP. Our original booking info showed 8agty. But now the paperwork does not show gty anymore . It shows 8a and then cabin number. Is it possible that our PVP asked for that assignment? We did book fairly early...about six months ago. The price at that time for the 8Agty was $949 for past guests and $979 for everyone else. That price stuck up until the 8a's weren't showing available anymore. At that time they were also having a 2 cat upgrade sale...didn't get that either. Two days after we booked, there was the sale that gave $100pp shipboard credit. Then there was another sale of 150 pp off. I sent our pvp an e-mail and she said that the price we got was better....NOT...I priced it when the sale was going on. I don't think there are any more gtys available. Also, I am seeing on the roll call for our date that another person was assigned their cabin ( I guess that means that the pvp didn't change it). They were upgraded to verandah. I sent the pvp an e-mail expressing our disappointment but she hasn't e-mailed me back yet. Maybe she is on that Freedom seminar!

The other thing that I was wondering about is...our final payment isn't even due until 2/13! Don't TAs dump the cabins back into the inventory that were not sold...and how do they know others won't become available due to cancelations before final payment?????

Archived