Splendor Has A GodMother

DeepFreeze63

15 minutes ago, fizzy said:

It is a very easy lookup to find out who any of the people are who are mentioned in this fun thread.  No pseudo,  highbrow blather is even needed! 

Nothing pseudo or blather (what is that?) Just I haven't a clue who these people are or were (maybe were?) and I don't see the relevance to a cruise ship either!!   (Of course as you will appreciate we are a bit lacking on cruise ships here in Switzerland...Rhine barges are about as much as we can do.)

Shoot me down in flames if you like......

Ships and boats are regarded as female because they're expensive to create, maintain, they're (hopefully) beautiful and men fall in love with them.

Choosing a god mother is merely a tradition, bit like old ships having a figurehead to protect them. I'm sure nothing would befall the ship if they didn’t have one but sailors can be superstitious and it’s just a bit of fun.......bit like crossing the equator, no big deal but tradition dictates a ceremony is held.

One not knowing who someone is only stops them from being a celebrity in your world. 

I know who Christie Brinkley is but don’t ask me to name 10 international sports personalities....I don’t know any but I wouldn’t put them down due to my ignorance.