First Annual New Years Day Brunch

Billthekid

We are on a Holiday Cruise on the Zaadam to South America.  Viewing my itinerary on line on January 1st under Specialty Dining is a new listing for First Annual New Years Brunch (should be inaugural) with bloody Mary, mimosas, etc unlimited and a very nice brunch selection being held in the Pinnacle Dining Room.  Question is: Will Mariners discount be applicable to the $35 price.  HAL has been contacted, but it was mixed responses.

If I recall correctly, others have posted about similar events in the PG and did not receive any Mariner discount.  Perhaps others will post who were directly affected.  My memory works on a half-time basis: sometimes great, other times it's on a cruise and can't be bothered with working to remember details.

Edited by sevenseasnomad

6 minutes ago, Billthekid said:

We are on a Holiday Cruise on the Zaadam to South America.  Viewing my itinerary on line on January 1st under Specialty Dining is a new listing for First Annual New Years Brunch (should be inaugural) with bloody Mary, mimosas, etc unlimited and a very nice brunch selection being held in the Pinnacle Dining Room.  Question is: Will Mariners discount be applicable to the $35 price.  HAL has been contacted, but it was mixed responses.

We booked this as well for the Volendam... as 4 star mariners I expect no discount...it would be nice.. but don't expect one.

6 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

How about phoning the Mariner Society and asking?   It would be interesting to know what they think!

This is an excellent suggestion.  And, record the time, date, and the name of the person with whom you speak to provide that information to the ship's personnel if the Mariner's Society answer is that a Mariner's Discount should apply.

On 12/7/2019 at 1:12 PM, sevenseasnomad said:

If I recall correctly, others have posted about similar events in the PG and did not receive any Mariner discount.  Perhaps others will post who were directly affected.  My memory works on a half-time basis: sometimes great, other times it's on a cruise and can't be bothered with working to remember details.

We were on a holiday cruise last year.  No discount.  The brunch was nice, but in my opinion not worth the cost.  We will be on this cruise with you!  Not going for the brunch.