A quick note from Marina in Brazil!

clo

2 hours ago, clo said:

Service in the GDR. I touched on this in another thread and I could tell people were getting riled up. So I'm going to 'report' this and say no more.

A few days into our cruise we went to the GDR for dinner. A two-top but a very nice couple within hugging distance 🙂 The room was perhaps 1/3 to 1/2 full. It took 20 minutes to get menus. At that time we asked for a glass of ice. At 40 minutes we got apps. No ice and asked again. At an hour they showed up with the main and the glass of ice. We got up and started working our way to the door. At which point staff were all over us. And at the elevator the food and beverage manager showed up also. So anyone who thinks we didn't deal with it is, well, wrong. 

We'd have left it at that but the following day on a tender we mentioned it to a party who said they'd had the exact same thing happen.  And then someone else spoke up and said "me too."  We have a established a fun relationship with a member of the staff. I'm not sure of their exact position but not management and not housekeeping or food/beverage. Deals with pax. They said they'd had the same experience more than once and have talked to pax who have also. So this appears not to be a one-off situation. And I'll report it -yet again. Maybe it's one person. Really doubt it since others have had the issue.

We love leisurely dining and the couple next to us were fun and we were absolutely in no rush. But to not get menus for 20 minutes and an hour for a glass of ice exceeds acceptable in my opinion. Over and out, folks.

In our experiences in the GDR, we were always provided a menu when we were seated at the table.  Perhaps does Marina have a different procedure?

Regardless, sorry to hear about your issues.  We were just on Regatta, and also asked for ice a few times - which is apparently the job of the wine steward, not the server.  And we also had an instance where that request was forgotten.

3 hours ago, clo said:

Service in the GDR. I touched on this in another thread and I could tell people were getting riled up. So I'm going to 'report' this and say no more.

A few days into our cruise we went to the GDR for dinner. A two-top but a very nice couple within hugging distance 🙂 The room was perhaps 1/3 to 1/2 full. It took 20 minutes to get menus. At that time we asked for a glass of ice. At 40 minutes we got apps. No ice and asked again. At an hour they showed up with the main and the glass of ice. We got up and started working our way to the door. At which point staff were all over us. And at the elevator the food and beverage manager showed up also. So anyone who thinks we didn't deal with it is, well, wrong. 

We'd have left it at that but the following day on a tender we mentioned it to a party who said they'd had the exact same thing happen.  And then someone else spoke up and said "me too."  We have a established a fun relationship with a member of the staff. I'm not sure of their exact position but not management and not housekeeping or food/beverage. Deals with pax. They said they'd had the same experience more than once and have talked to pax who have also. So this appears not to be a one-off situation. And I'll report it -yet again. Maybe it's one person. Really doubt it since others have had the issue.

We love leisurely dining and the couple next to us were fun and we were absolutely in no rush. But to not get menus for 20 minutes and an hour for a glass of ice exceeds acceptable in my opinion. Over and out, folks.

Not any O cruise we have been on

Usually  the waiter seats you, does the napkin thing  & then hands you a menu

One cruise they did not come back for orders but served the tables near us who were seated after us

DH went to the Maitre'D  & it was fixed ASAP