Quantum Class vs Oasis Class

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Still a question as to whether Oasis can fit under the Bridge of the Americas.  Maybe now with retractable stacks ...

That's not my bailiwick.  Do you know the clearance of the Bridge of the Americas vs the clearance of the Verrazzano Narrows Bridge?

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

That's not my bailiwick.  Do you know the clearance of the Bridge of the Americas vs the clearance of the Verrazzano Narrows Bridge?

Wiki says 201' for Bridge of the Americas vs 228' for Verrazzano.  I'm sure tides change these numbers.  We need the Chief.

• Like 1

We've been twice on the Allure and spent 11 days in Alaska on the Ovation. It's a toss up.  So many great activities on each. We rode North Star everyday, mostly on standby loved it. Everyone loved the bumper cars, circus school, rollerskating and other activities in the sea plexus. My husband really liked ifly  and we loved the shows in 270. On the other hand my grands 15-5 years old really loved the ice skating, flow rider in warm weather, water park, water show and slider. Can't really make a mistake with either. 

4 hours ago, mugtech said:

No matter the bridge situation, I would be surprised to see Oasis class ships do the Panama Canal itinerary.  Lately I will be surpried to see any ship besides Vision do the PC.

I have done this itinerary twice on the Jewel of the Seas.

I think your preference will come down to things you enjoy doing and itineraries.  The Oasis is not a cold weather ship.  Never has been and never will be unless they totally enclose Central Park or enclose the boardwalk area somehow.   It’s not designed to keep everyone indoors for days on end.   An occasional rainy day yes,  but for 14 straight days....   it would be difficult.  There isn’t even an indoor pool.  

The Quantum has the Seaplex which is an AWESOME indoor space.   Can play basketball, soccer and do indoor activities no matter the weather.  It also has not one but TWO indoor pools.  One indoor pool for everyone and the awesome totally enclosed and climate controlled solarium unlike the open solarium of the Oasis class.

The Quantum class also has 270 which is a gorgeous venue to relax in.  The production shows they put on in there are questionable at best imo, but it’s a great space for progressive trivia and other events.  

We prefer the climate controlled environments of the quantum class.  But if sunbathing and warm weather is more your style Oasis would be the way to go.  

The Oasis will never do cold weather itineraries in its current iteration so if that’s a thing for you Quantum class is your option.  

Edited by rimmit