Pianists in the Commodore Club late evenings?

mcloaked

Does anyone know who the pianist is currently playing in the Commodore Club on QV in the late evenings?  Also does anyone know where there is a link to schedules of which pianist will be playing there late evenings over the next month or so?

1 minute ago, Host Hattie said:

I don't think those schedules are available in advance.

Agreed. The only entertainment schedules I've been able to find online are the lists of insights guest lecturers (which are badly in need of an update at the moment to include 2020 voyages) and lists of films to be shown on board (listed roughly by month for each ship, not by specific day or voyage that they will be shown).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mcloaked said:

Does anyone know who the pianist is currently playing in the Commodore Club on QV in the late evenings?  Also does anyone know where there is a link to schedules of which pianist will be playing there late evenings over the next month or so?

Hopefully Carl will be back on the Queen Victoria for the South American circumnavigation - every year he threatens to be doing his last round and I fear we may have lost him Crystal. He's brilliant.

Is that the Carl who hadn't heard of 'Love never Dies' . 

I requested a couple of tunes from the musical 'Love never Dies', all I got was a blank look and a shrug of the shoulders.

I'm on the full South American sojourn , I better bring him the full score for piano. 🤣  

9 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

Is that the Carl who hadn't heard of 'Love never Dies' . 

I requested a couple of tunes from the musical 'Love never Dies', all I got was a blank look and a shrug of the shoulders.

I'm on the full South American sojourn , I better bring him the full score for piano. 🤣  

lol...he's not the only one Bell boy - 

Yes Carl is brilliant - though I seem to remember he has family commitments over Christmas that means he doesn't want to be away from a home Christmas celebration - he sings nicely and has a great ability to adlib the lyrics to songs as well as a huge number of scores on his ipad so he is prepared to play any song even if he has never played it before, on request, so long as he can sight read the score on his screen!

Carl is totally my favorite pianist on the Queens. He creates a wonderful atmosphere in the Commodore Club in the evenings. I have missed him greatly on QE and QM2 - the Commodore Club is just not the same without him - even if he doesn't know every song we ask for. I asked for Leonard Cohen's Suzanne and he hadn't heard of it. However, he does a splendid Leningrad, my favorite Billy Joel song, so all is forgiven :)

• Like 1