Power adapters/chargers

naskarina

What power strips or adapters do you use on your cruises to charge your phone, iPad, watches, cameras, etc?  I know they can’t be surge protected. There are so many to choose from. I’m asking for ones that have worked well for you. I just don’t want to be getting a new one each cruise because I didn’t like the previous one. I will be traveling on Jewel on the Seas and from what I’ve seen there is just one US plug in and one European plugin. No USB. Thanks for any input.  

Based on a tip we received here on CC we purchased a NtonPower round charger that has 3 regular outlets and 3 USB charging outlets.  It has no surge protector (so OK for ships) and we love the shape for packing.  The model we have comes with a very short power cord so we also carry a regular 6 foot extension cord.  But NtonPower does make other chargers with longer cords which avoided because of their bulk.   Here is a link to the device.

https://www.amazon.com/Travel-Power-Strip-NTONPOWER-Nightstand/dp/B073ZDH43X/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?hvadid=77927985345177&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvqmt=e&keywords=ntonpower+4+outlet&qid=1576932049&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyOTJFWTRQVFNCWFZQJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDUwMjcyMVBSQVVBVkhYM081UyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNDM4NTkxMVJLUE04RU00N0JGQiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Hank

2 hours ago, naskarina said:

I’ve seen there is just one US plug in and one European plugin. No USB. Thanks for any input

In my Jewel cabin one European and two US plugs - sufficient for my charging needs.

- you’ll need a European to US adaptor.

This is what I use:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DJNR9LM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It converts from the 4 major types of plugs to any one of the 4 outlets.  It supports US, UK, Euro, and Aussie/Asia.  It is also a 2 port USB charger.   The charger is multi voltage, so I typically plug it into the Euro outlet on board.  And if I have any other multi voltage items (charger, laptop, etc), I can then still use that outlet.

Most of the digital electronics (iPhone, laptops, camera battery chargers, etc..) are capable of eating a wide variety of voltages, so it's just a matter of matching the plugs.    While a lot of ships and hotels have at least one US-style receptacle, having the adapter kits as previous mentioned often gives you more options on where (and how many) things you can plug in.