Shipping a trunk?

Plant

13 hours ago, Plant said:

Has anyone packed and shipped a trunk for a world cruise?  Would it be very expensive?  Would you ship it to the ship @ the port?

Thanks for any info,

Fern

Luggage Forward might be an option for you.  I haven't shipped a trunk, but I did enquire about shipping a box of stuff for my upcoming world cruise.  They’ll accept just about any container, and charges are based on size (linear inches) and weight.  They pick up at your home and the next time you see it is in your cabin on the ship (same thing in reverse at the end if your cruise).  Luggage Free, another luggage service, does the same thing.  Check with your cruise line -- they usually have a partnership with one or the other of these services.

Lana in Bellingham, WA

• Like 1

Most of the luxury/premium Lines provide a shipping service pre and/or post cruise. We get 1 regular size suitcase (< 50 lbs) per person. The cost depends on the distance. From Vancouver to LA it was reasonable, but to ship back from London it is about $400 per case. A shipping trunk would be substantially higher.

The restrictions were more detailed than for checked baggage. We only sent clothes.

You can check prices with Luggage Forward and the others.

Affirmative, we shipped the bags direct to the ship, where they will be in the cabin once we embark.