Uniworld 2021 Itineraries Available (Sort Of)

Roz

A few days ago I was on the website of an online travel agency, and stumbled across some of Uniworld's itineraries for 2021, specifically Holland & Belgium tulip cruises, Italy, France, China and the Nile.  Interestingly enough, this same information isn't available on Uniworld's own website.  So apparently this information is available to TAs if anyone is interested.  

9 hours ago, Roz said:

A few days ago I was on the website of an online travel agency, and stumbled across some of Uniworld's itineraries for 2021, specifically Holland & Belgium tulip cruises, Italy, France, China and the Nile.  Interestingly enough, this same information isn't available on Uniworld's own website.  So apparently this information is available to TAs if anyone is interested.  

How is the price compare to 2020 for these itineraries?  

10 hours ago, kent9xxx1 said:

How is the price compare to 2020 for these itineraries?  

At a quick glance they appear to be as high as 2020.  Uniworld keeps extending their sales on 2020 cruises, which leads me to believe the cruises aren't selling as well as they would like, but I don't have any hard data to support this.  Only a hunch. 

OK, I did some in-depth research 😜, using the Dutch & Belgian spring cruises.  This info is based on the Deluxe category of cabin which is the lowest.  I compared both the 8 and 10 itineraries for 2020 and 2021.  

8-day itinerary:

2020 - $2,449 - $3,699

2021 - $2,949 - $3,349

10-day itinerary:

2020 - $3,999 - $4,599

2021 - $3,849 - $4,149

So overall, a little lower, except for the 2021 8-day in March ($2,949 vs $2,449).

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, kent9xxx1 said:

2449 is due to their big sale.  I think in general, the price is creeping up in 2021.  I hope the standard is at least better.

That's correct.  $2,449 is a sale price.

Yes I do.  I'm on vacation, so I want something different and over the top.  I find the décor on Uniworld to be rich and elegant.  Not everyone shares my opinion. 🤩

I agree with Roz. Uniworld's decor is very different than that found in my home, but I love that each of their ships has it's own unique ambiance, and I too find their interior design to be elegant, much like that of some high end resorts (the Greenbriar in Virginia for example).  Although the designs are upscale and elegant, the atmosphere on all the Uniworld ships I've been on is warm, welcoming and very comfortable.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Babcia7 said:

I agree with Roz. Uniworld's decor is very different than that found in my home, but I love that each of their ships has it's own unique ambiance, and I too find their interior design to be elegant, much like that of some high end resorts (the Greenbriar in Virginia for example).  Although the designs are upscale and elegant, the atmosphere on all the Uniworld ships I've been on is warm, welcoming and very comfortable.

Same here (but I guess that’s obvious since we keep going back). 😉 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Babcia7 said:

Agree with you 100%. I think some people believe it's going to be garish, but that's obviously not the case.

4 hours ago, kent9xxx1 said:

My SO thinks it is garish.  We prefer modern style, but for a week, what is the harm?

Exactly. It's definitely not how I would decorate my home. (Oh, and their beds are to die for! Wish I had one of those at home!!)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kent9xxx1 said:

My SO thinks it is garish.  We prefer modern style, but for a week, what is the harm?

I joked with someone that on my first Uniworld cruise (River Beatrice) I thought Marie Antoinette had exploded in my cabin. 🤣

2 hours ago, bubbulz said:

Exactly. It's definitely not how I would decorate my home. (Oh, and their beds are to die for! Wish I had one of those at home!!)

Those beds will get rid of any back or neck problems you have.  Talk about a good night's sleep.  

1 hour ago, Roz said:

Those beds will get rid of any back or neck problems you have.  Talk about a good night's sleep.  

Definitely, and most welcome after those long days of touring! 

Sooooooo, no word yet from Uniworld on when we might get our hands on the 2021 info and itineraries? All of this discussion has got me pondering what to book next!

1 hour ago, bubbulz said:

Definitely, and most welcome after those long days of touring! 

Sooooooo, no word yet from Uniworld on when we might get our hands on the 2021 info and itineraries? All of this discussion has got me pondering what to book next!

The latest sale ends tomorrow (Jan. 3), so I'm hoping they'll be published after that.  Other river cruise lines have their 2021 itineraries out, so they better get on the stick or risk losing customers to other lines.  Especially passengers who can only sail on certain dates.

Thanks Roz, for all the good info!  Hope our paths cross on one of these.  Coincidentally, it's actually one of the tulip cruises that we've been looking for, albeit probably one in April.  Will contact our travel agent for any inside scoop.  Cheers.

I took my first Uniworld cruise back in October...I agree, the décor is not how I would decorate my home BUT I

LOVED the cruise----food, service, tours, staff, etc....was fantastic:classic_biggrin:

Will be trying Uniworld in a few months after 2 very good Crystal river cruises.  

The booking experience and getting the referral applied is painful.  Btw, since I booked the 30% off sale, they also took 30% out of the referral.  $70 instead of $100.  

I will keep an open mind and hopefully like it. I need some other option for markets not served by Crystal.  

Does anyone have the inclusive wine list on Uniworld?  TIA

Edited by kent9xxx1

I've never seen a wine list. Unless it's something very high end it's included.  Same for liquor.  Bummer about the referral discount. Did you book through an agent or direct with Uniworld?

2 hours ago, kent9xxx1 said:

Does anyone have the inclusive wine list on Uniworld?

The only extras I remember from the wine list were for high end champagnes, and I drink solely red wine. As far as other exclusions, I asked my husband what he recalled and he mentioned some single malt scotches. 

That said, we never had a bar bill. 

Edited by bubbulz

5 hours ago, Roz said:

I've never seen a wine list. Unless it's something very high end it's included.  Same for liquor.  Bummer about the referral discount. Did you book through an agent or direct with Uniworld?

Through an agent who combined some form of OBC + Amex plat OBC + referral discount for me.  

4 hours ago, bubbulz said:

The only extras I remember from the wine list were for high end champagnes, and I drink solely red wine. As far as other exclusions, I asked my husband what he recalled and he mentioned some single malt scotches. 

That said, we never had a bar bill. 

Do you remember the standard champagne they serve?  

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 11:33 PM, kent9xxx1 said:

Do you remember the standard champagne they serve?  

I'm not much of a champagne drinker so the only champagne I drank was what was served at the captain's reception.  Didn't pay attention to the brand.

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 11:32 PM, kent9xxx1 said:

Through an agent who combined some form of OBC + Amex plat OBC + referral discount for me.  

When I've had OBC on Uniworld I've found it hard to spend because so much is already included.  I usually end up buying some nice jewelry from the gift shop.  I was fine with the included excursions and alcohol so I didn't see the need to do anything extra.